We requested a late check out, to which we were advised there would be a 50 euro charge. Excessive for a couple of hours we thought when most good 5 star hotels allow this as a matter of courtesy, however we agreed as had an evening flight. Upon checking out we were informed that 'we misheard' and the reception had said 50% of the best available room rate, which had suddenly become twice the rate we had paid per night for the entire week. All in all, 4 extra hours cost as much as a night B&B in the hotel. The reception offered the poorest level of customer service I have ever experienced in a 'quality' hotel, and for this reason I would never return to the Tivoli Victoria; the customer is always right ethos does not apply here! The receptionist was even rude enough to insinuate 'you booked with an agent' as if it made you a sub-standard guest; when in fact we had booked directly with the Tivoli.
The hotel is isolated, and the staff are not overly helpful in organising taxis!
I would not bother with breakfast, the 'hot' food is not even warm. The poolside menu is limited, and based on the remoteness of the hotel; going elsewhere for lunch is not easily accessible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal