I stayed at this hotel on bed and breakfast for a week in June 2013. It is a 5 star hotel and in my opinion lives up to this status.I really enjoyed my breakfast every morning where you can either sit inside or out on the patio.
My room number was 120 which overlooked the swimming pool and Victoria Golf Course. The room was fabulous with a walk in shower and a separate bath. It also had a large flat screen TV, mini bar and coffee maker. The bed was extremely comfortable and I enjoyed a great nights sleep every night. The room also had a large balcony with a luxurious sun bed. The swimming pool also boasts the best sun beds I have every used in my life. There is also a poolside bar and the staff are very attentive. Similarly, the house maids are pleasant and my room was always made up by the time I returned to it.
Although the hotel is located outside Vilamoura, it does provide a courtesy shuttle bus to/from Vilamoura Marina around 4 times a day. Seem to recall that the last bus left Vilamoura Marina around 11pm. Just ask reception for a note of the timetable. You can walk into Vilamoura but it will take you around 20-25 mins. The paths are flat so it is an easy walk.
There is a spa located on the top floor of the hotel and you can gain free access to the web in a room just across from the reception. If you play golf, why not hit balls on the range at the Vicoria Golf Course. As a hotel guest you are given free range balls. You can hire clubs to use at the range for about 5 euros.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. I know that I will return to the hotel in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal