We've just returned from a week half board at The Tivoli. The hotel itself is very lovely indeed, clean and very well presented and furnished, the swimming pools are superb and the comfiest sun loungers ever ! The staff friendly and efficient. The breakfast and evening meal we could not fault, a really good choice for breakfast, the evening meal was a different themed buffet each evening inc. bbq, mediteranean, spanish style etc..With lovely desserts too. Drinks were expensive a G&T 10 Euros, but you expect hotel prices I guess.
There were some nice touches including a turn down service each evening where a weather forecast and a choccy were left on your pillow, being a girl I loved this !
The only down side was that the hotel is quite a long way out, my partner walked into Vilamoura each day and it took him over an hour and he's young and fit, I would guess its about 5km into the town. There is a shop at the hotel which sells newspapers, sweets etc..but the opening times are limited. The courtesy bus too runs only 4/5 times a day. They perhaps need to think about upping this - The evening buses were 7.30pm and 8pm and there were so many people waiting they had to lay on 2 buses both times we were queuing. All in all, a really super hotel but if you want to be near facilities then its probably not for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal