Just returned from a week at the Tivoli Victoria and had such a fab time. The rooms are clean, spacious, modern and the bed huge and so comfortable. The bathrooms are just fantastic. Theres a clock/ipod player which was a bonus and some good english speaking tv channels. We really liked the daybed on the balcony to lounge on late afternoon with a drink per dinner. The standard of cleanliness was excellent.
The pool area is cool with a selection of modern furniture and although there is an issue with people reserving beds from quite early in the day we took the view that if we couldn't beat them....the staff at the pool were really helpful and friendly and were often seen hefting various articles around the pool area to suit the guests.
The breakfast was the best we had ever had to say its a buffet with the food always fresh and well presented. The bar staff were really attentive and while the lobby area is a bit lacking in atmosphere the terrace areas outdoors were a great place to enjoy a late drink.
Guests can access the spa facilities -pool, sauna, steam room, terrace free of charge and the views from up there are great.
The hotel is some way out of the centre - 10 euros to the marina and so if you are reliant on the courtesy bus then yes queuing has to be done - but it does save you quite a bit. It would also be helpful if there was a bus to the beach as unless you have a car (which fortunately we did) you would again be in taxis because its too far to walk. However we did know this before we booked and the setting is lovely if remote. One irritation was the sat nav which came with the hire car did not recognise the area the hotel was in so finding it in the dark was a somewhat stressful adventure I could have done without but there is ample free parking on site.
Would definitely return - great stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal