Stayed here for a week in mid October for business/pleasure. The hotel itself is ok, rooms are clean, bathrooms with a separate loo and a lighting system that drives you potty! The wifi in the hotel is dreadful. Some times it works, some times it doesn't and if you aren't a member if the Tivoli loyalty programme it costs 15 euros per day. A complete rip off and that's if it works at all. The hotel has two swimming pools, one with a bar and a quieter pool. The quieter pool has about 20 sun loungers which are very comfortable but only ten of them had mattresses on which seemed rather odd seeing that the hotel was at maximum occupancy. The breakfast is ok, although I fail it understand why a five star hotel should serve tinned peaches!!! Choice of cereal very limited and dreadful coffee. The staff here try very hard to please but it is clear that cost cutting is in place. The gym is pretty basic but does its job. I didn't use the spa but some friends of mine did and they said it was excellent. Did not eat in the hotel in the evening so cannot comment on this. Pretty average hotel and definitely not in the five star category.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal