I have just checked out of the Hotel Tivoli having stayed for three days with my husband who was on a business conference. Because he was working we opted for a suite as I would be spending a bit of time in the room, and, whilst it was very spacious with a lovely balcony, I have stayed in much better suites with more luxurious furnishings.
In the bathroom were the usual toiletries but no conditioner sadly, which is a pet hate of mine. Make sure you bring your own. Similarly, like previous reviewers, I was very disappointed to discover that there was no tea and coffee making facilities apart from a Nespresso machine - the pods for this were chargeable as a mini bar item which I have never experienced in any other 5 star hotel around the world. Unfortunately, this is a real bug bear of mine as I am a typical Brit abroad and need my tea in the mornings. It worked out cheaper to buy a mini travel kettle and teabags etc than coughing up 2 euros every time which, with two people having maybe 3 cups per day is expensive.
The swimming pool and area was beautiful and the sunbeds very comfortable, however, the temperature of the pool was absolutely freezing and was therefore pretty much empty the whole time I was there. I had intended to do a lot of swimming but it was impossible as it was just too cold and it didn't get better once you were in either. The pool bar was closed for the duration of my stay which was also another disappointment. A waiter walked around from time to time who I had to grab while I could to get a drink which wasn't good service at all. Bearing in mind that although it was slightly out of season, the hotel was still hosting a conference for some 200 people, has it's own golf course, and was participating in the Algarve's Spa promotion week, you would have thought that they would have provided a useable swimming pool with all the facilities available.
Going on to the Spa - I had pre-booked a treatment from home and went an hour before my appointment time to use the facilities. When I got there I'm sorry to say I was hugely disappointed again. The black decor which was probably stunning ten years ago was tired & fading white from neglect and water damage and had an overall 'sad' look about it. I was not given a locker key or even shown where the lockers and towels were - I had to wander around and find them for myself and when I did, there were no keys in any of the lockers, no robes, slippers or paper underwear which is standard in any of the Spas I have ever been in before. Most of the jets in the pools were out of order and there was no shampoo and conditioner in the showers - I had to wash my hair in shower gel! I was definitely not impressed. The treatment was amazing however and the rainmist was a new experience for me which, although a little embarrassing as you are completely naked, I thoroughly enjoyed.
I ordered a newspaper for the three days I was in the hotel but unfortunately, I never ever got one, although I was billed for one on check out which I had to have removed.
All in all, this was an average hotel which needs to improve it's service if it wants to get good ratings and I would probably try somewhere else to stay if I ever find myself back in the Algarve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal