“Absolutely Impeccable”

Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This hotel is THE place to stay in Portugal. My husband and I are absolutely in love with it!!! brand new, with excellent quality of service, fantastic swimming pool and great breakfast! The only two things to be mentioned are very average food and overpriced food around the swimming pool (but who cares when you are in such paradise) and location (its quite far outside the vilamoura port area so make sure you have a car or you just can take a taxi although the ride will be quite expensive) Overall, our experience with them was fantastic!!! Will be back next year!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ohmyaida

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting this hotel for the first time in October. The level of service and the friendliness of staff was excellent. The complex is very well appointed with lovely views of the golf course. The one major drawback was the price of food and drink in the hotel. While you would expect to pay a premium over local prices , I felt that the premium was too high. Overall a very good hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tony W
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

OMG such a fabulous hotel. Staff are a huge credit they are just wonderfully helpful and polite, nothing is too much for them. Pool gorgeous. The cost of the transfer to hotel was the same price to hire car, so we hired a car which was the best thing we did as it saved a lot of taxi money and allowed us to travel out, we spent roughly €50 in fuel. The bar prices which when added by the end of the week we had spent around £340. So would recommend a trip to the supermarket for drinks. We did eat once in the restaurant EMO which was ok but very expensive. We also ate in the restaurant downstairs which was better priced child's burger and fries €10. No tea or coffee in room unless you are willing to pay. We travelled to the vilamoura marina which was gorgeous, albufeira which we also found nice due to not being busy and other places too. Slide and splash for the children is a definite must!!!!! Get tickets from a discount booth. 2 adults and child €44. Overall this hotel is amazing if you want proper family time together, destress and relax. It's surroundings are wonderful. Breakfast was amazing anything and everything you could wish for from champagne to water. Chef cooking pancakes and any omelette you want. Cooked breakfast, cereals, fruits, Danishes, salmon, hams, cheeses and I'm sure I've still missed lots out. We as a family are particularly fussy and YES we definitely will be booking and going to this hotel again!!!! Highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Mullymully
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed here last October and the difference is staff attitude , friendliness and service is measurably better.

The rooms are well appointed and the junior suites worth the upgrade. The swimming pool and bar areas are also nicely laid out with the Victoria golf course , used for the 2013 Portuguese Open just a few minutes walk away.

Great breakfast range , lunch buffet ditto , and the added bonus of an award winning Restaurant Emo at hand.

Well done Management , year on year you have improved this very good hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ahomer1
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Had a fabulous time at the Tivoli Victoria hotel. Can't fault anything about the accomodation, it was perfect. The room was amazing, the staff were helpful, the setting is beautiful. Would definitely return if the price was the same, very reasonable for such a beautiful hotel and location. Although the hotel is slightly out of town (10 mins in car) it made it all the more tranquil and special. The hotel operates free shuttle coaches to the Tivoli at the Marina throughout the day, so perfect if you want to get out and about without any cost!

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room, and we were overlooking the tennis court and the side of the hotel, no noi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sophie S
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have just checked out of the Hotel Tivoli having stayed for three days with my husband who was on a business conference. Because he was working we opted for a suite as I would be spending a bit of time in the room, and, whilst it was very spacious with a lovely balcony, I have stayed in much better suites with more luxurious furnishings.
In the bathroom were the usual toiletries but no conditioner sadly, which is a pet hate of mine. Make sure you bring your own. Similarly, like previous reviewers, I was very disappointed to discover that there was no tea and coffee making facilities apart from a Nespresso machine - the pods for this were chargeable as a mini bar item which I have never experienced in any other 5 star hotel around the world. Unfortunately, this is a real bug bear of mine as I am a typical Brit abroad and need my tea in the mornings. It worked out cheaper to buy a mini travel kettle and teabags etc than coughing up 2 euros every time which, with two people having maybe 3 cups per day is expensive.
The swimming pool and area was beautiful and the sunbeds very comfortable, however, the temperature of the pool was absolutely freezing and was therefore pretty much empty the whole time I was there. I had intended to do a lot of swimming but it was impossible as it was just too cold and it didn't get better once you were in either. The pool bar was closed for the duration of my stay which was also another disappointment. A waiter walked around from time to time who I had to grab while I could to get a drink which wasn't good service at all. Bearing in mind that although it was slightly out of season, the hotel was still hosting a conference for some 200 people, has it's own golf course, and was participating in the Algarve's Spa promotion week, you would have thought that they would have provided a useable swimming pool with all the facilities available.
Going on to the Spa - I had pre-booked a treatment from home and went an hour before my appointment time to use the facilities. When I got there I'm sorry to say I was hugely disappointed again. The black decor which was probably stunning ten years ago was tired & fading white from neglect and water damage and had an overall 'sad' look about it. I was not given a locker key or even shown where the lockers and towels were - I had to wander around and find them for myself and when I did, there were no keys in any of the lockers, no robes, slippers or paper underwear which is standard in any of the Spas I have ever been in before. Most of the jets in the pools were out of order and there was no shampoo and conditioner in the showers - I had to wash my hair in shower gel! I was definitely not impressed. The treatment was amazing however and the rainmist was a new experience for me which, although a little embarrassing as you are completely naked, I thoroughly enjoyed.
I ordered a newspaper for the three days I was in the hotel but unfortunately, I never ever got one, although I was billed for one on check out which I had to have removed.

All in all, this was an average hotel which needs to improve it's service if it wants to get good ratings and I would probably try somewhere else to stay if I ever find myself back in the Algarve.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Lizzo682621
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The Victoria is 4km out of town and sits on the Victoria Golf Course, with views over the course to the sea in the distance. A shuttle bus runs to the Marina, it is not very frequent but was always on time.
The hotel is spacious, elegant and relaxing, the rooms were spectacular though we didn't get much of a view as ours faced onto the garden. Very quiet in October so great to chill out.
Downsides: buffet breakfast (the devils food wherever it occurs), Nespressso machine in the room but 2 Euros a pod so bring your own, no tea or other coffee making facilities and bar tea 4 Euros! Bring a kettle and tea bags.
Overall though an excellent place to chill or to base yourself for the 6 Oceanica Golf courses in the area. Be warned that the golf is VERY expensive (89 euros for twilight golf on the Victoria with little chance of finishing in daylight) so see if you can get a deal through a Tee Times company if you are playing golf. Club hire is cheap however.

Room Tip: Try and upgrade from a Garden view if you want to see the sea!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Petertheclaret
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilamoura
Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve
Conrad Algarve
Conrad Algarve
#1 of 14 in Almancil

Been to Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort? Share your experiences!