I have stayed at a lot of hotels and the general standard of this Hotel is good. The staff were mainly attentive and quality of room was good.
Sometimes though it is the small things that make or break the stay and this has affected my rating. Firstly the Internet service. If you are in the Public area it is free but relatively slow. If you are in your room you have to pay €15 for each connection - so more than one machine and it starts mounting up. I can't remember the last time I paid for Internet and having paid I would have expected a much better connection. This was expensive, wasn't a good signal and regularly dropped.
My next irritation was the coffee supply. I didn't go searching through the room but the only obvious source is a Nespresso machine sitting there with 6 capsules. More fool me to assume this was provided free - each capsule is charged at €2. I should have brought my own which I buy at €0.30.
Room service food is ok. However most of the same food is available in the Bar area at a significantly reduced price and you don't also pay a €5 room charge. For example for the same desert it is €6 in the Bar and is €10 in the room. Extra charge or service charge - not both!
Finally I also can't remember the last time I stayed at a good quality hotel and a complementary bottle of water wasn't provided - not here. You can purchase one out of the minibar.
So comfortable stay which in itself would have a higher rating but the add ons certainly upset me and overall it only just got a 3 rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal