We stayed in the newly built Victoria appartments next to the tivoli hotel. If you are looking for a quiet holiday look no further the hotel is located about a 10 minute drive from the marina and is very peaceful. However there really isn't much to do in terms of night life or any amenities in the hotel. We expected there to be a supermarket near by so we could buy our shopping for our room as we were in the self catered apartments. We made the mistake of not hiring a car and therefore had to rely on the shuttle bus which only goes four times a day from the hotel to the marina. You can get taxis but they become expensive at ten euros each way to the marina.
The worst thing about the hotel is the internet. There is no wireless internet in the rooms or by the pool anywhere other than the reception! There are two restaurants in the main hotel which are really overpriced and the food is gourmet so be prepared to eat small portions!
Overall the main thing that faults this hotel is the location. It does overlook a beautiful golf course and it is very peaceful but we found it too far from the beach local shops etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal