“Amazing I will go again ~”

Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Amazing I will go again ~”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Initially a little concerned that I was going to a hotel situated on a golf course ....
Im not interested in golf
How wrong was I ~ the spectacular golf vista sever to enhance this amazing spacious tranquil hotel experience oozing with class and lovely touches...
I adore a lovely bathroom and this was the best I've ever experienced in any hotel ~ sliding walls mirrors and creative lighting ~ Breakfast was well with getting up for
The closet ~ well I won't spoil it for you ~ *******
Within hours of getting there we were chilling with cocktails ready for a short trip into lively harbour
One tiny gripe the coffee machine in the room with its pods are chargeable as a mini bar item ~ this was not made clear to us at all disappointing ~ no kettle ? I like a no fuss coffee when I wake up early
Although I love a spa ~ this one was the most expensive I have seen and we opted to go to one in another hotel ~ missed opportunity ~
Staff are just the right mix of efficiency and attentiveness

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the small pool get the baking sun all day and even full air con will not reduce th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Mário C, General Manager at Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Christine , thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. It is very rewarding to read your comments about our property. We’re glad to know you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you very much for your kind words on our associates, breakfast and facilities. Your comments are extremely important to us, as they motivate us to continue to improve our services.
The Elements Spa by Banyan Tree emphasizes the human touch and the therapists studied at BT Academy for 2 years, it´s luxury spa concept and the prices are accordingly to that., nevertheless we would like to thank you for your feedback, which was worth of our best attention and will enable us to improve our services.
We look forward to welcome you back in the near future. Mário Custódio – Tivoli Victoria General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Polish first
bridgend,uk
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Just returned after a seven day holiday with the wife. We had fantastic weather 31 degrees. This is our fourth visit to this hotel and we believe it gets better every time. The hotel is spotless, staff are at tentative and pools great .breakfast is superb, what a choice. Keep up the standards

Room Tip: Book pool or golf rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jweBridgend_uk
TivoliHotelsResorts, General Manager at Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Bridgend, thank you for sharing your experience at Tivoli Victoria. We’re glad to know you enjoyed staying with us once again. It’s always good to know that our efforts of continuous improvement are recognized.
It´s a pleasure to know that we are your choice to spend the holidays for so many years in a row, and we hope to continue to match your expectations.
We look forward to welcome you and your wife back on your next stay in Vilamoura.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I just got back from a nice romantic holiday with my wife and we had the time of our lives! It's a very beautiful and tidy hotel that has the perfect scenery for a peaceful break from the busy life we have back home.
Good facilities and great helpful staff, specially the bar staff who prepared the best cocktails we had in a while.
We are coming back soon!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your experience at Tivoli Victoria.It’s with a great pleasure that we note your satisfaction with our facilities, services and care, thank you on behalf of all hotels’ staff. We look forward to welcome you back on your next stay in Vilamoura, when you need to have a relaxing break.
Leominster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just come back from spending 4 nights at the Tivoli Victoria. I don't usually bother to write reviews but this was so superb felt I had to. Arrived fairly late at night but check in was excellent. Indeed the reception service throughout our stay was first class.All reception staff spoke perfect English and were very helpful with all of our requirements. Arrived on my birthday, had previously mentioned this in an email to the staff. Delighted to find a gorgeous chocolate cake and a bottle of bubbly waiting for us. Joined the Hotel loyalty scheme beforehand so got free internet in the room, free water in room and daily English Newspaper. The signal initially wasn't too good but when we mentioned this they arrived with a router and problem fixed straightaway. Upgraded room to pool and golf course view. Breakfast is lovely, a variety of cold meats and cheeses, fruits, hot breakfast items, omlette bar, sweet pastries and even bubbly if you so wish! Beautiful pools with great views over the golf course towards the ocean. Food in hotel is expensive though and poolside snack menu could do with some more variety. Visited the spa area at the top of the hotel, virtually empty with the most amazing views from the sun terrace. I will come again but this time hire a car as it is quite a way from the marina and the taxis can be expensive. Perfect Stay, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Email the hotel beforehand if you have a specific room requirement
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kate M
TivoliHotelsResorts, General Manager at Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Kate, thank you for sharing your experience at Tivoli Victoria. We’re glad to know you enjoyed staying with us. It's always good to know that our continuous improvement efforts are recognized. I thank you on behalf of all hotels’ staff.
Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your experience at Tivoli Victoria. We’re glad to know you enjoyed staying with us. It's always good to know that our continuous improvement efforts are recognized. I thank you on behalf of all hotels’ staff.
We looking forward to welcome you back on your next stay at Vilamoura, at least for your next birthday.
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

This is possibly my tenth visit to the Algarve and being up front, I'm a golfer! Sitting on hot steamy beaches in July or August with thousands of beery holiday makers has zero appeal. I'm also getting old so quality and value for money are more important than the number of clubs or bars nearby. Sermon over, just setting expectations as everyone is different and if my likes don't float your boat then this review probably isn't much use to you.

The simple fact me and my chums keep going back to the Algarve and more specifically Vilamoura is testament to what it has to offer the fun loving but discerning golfer. In truth it has more than most golfers see. Miles of fabulous beaches which in spring and autumn are usually empty. Great and I mean really great golf courses! Hotels which at this time of year are only 10-20% occupied so offer great deals and value. Plus more choice in cafés and restaurants than I've been able to fully sample in ten years. Local food is of high quality and a friendly welcome awaits all who engage with the locals.

This trip was a cheapy, using up loyalty 'freebies' and returning to one favourite haunt. So in one week I stayed in three hotels and I will post reviews of all of them as the comparison may help others choose where to stay.

The Tivoli Victoria was the first port of call. For quality by far the best hotel in my Vilamoura experiences. Not cheap and with some small negatives but overall somewhere I'd happily return to anytime. Top of the range rooms with high quality fittings. Service to die for and amazing facilities. The beds are soooo comfy I nearly slept the whole of my stay. Stunning views of the Oceanico Victoria golf course where the Portugal Open is played. I've also stayed in the adjacent apartments which are equally high end. Only ate breakfasts but the restaurant is first class and they have a lovely outdoor eating area for when the sun is shining. Fantastic!

A couple of minor negatives to be aware of but no hotel is 100% perfect. The Victoria is some 15 minutes drive out of the main marina area but in mitigation there is a frequent courtesy bus service which means you can still enjoy a drink on the marina and get home without incurring taxi charges. The wifi is €15 a day and as readers of my reviews know this is a hot spot of mine. A hotel should offer free wifi these days, just as to be credible a bank has to offer ATMs. So come on Tivoli Victoria - stop being mean and give free wifi. Then you will literally be perfect.

Highly recommended !!! Top class venue.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tony B
Dear Tony, thank you for sharing your experience at Tivoli Victoria & The Residences at Victoria Clube de Golfe. We’re glad to know you enjoyed staying with us. It's always good to know that our continuous improvement efforts are recognized. I thank you on behalf of all hotels’ staff. What about concern Wi-Fi issue, if you join the free GHA card you’ll have free Wi-Fi and a bottle of water on your arrival.
We looking forward to welcome you back on your next stay in Vilamoura.
Mário Custódio - Tivoli Victoria General Manager.
Bath
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel is unarguably lovely, it was just certain things that let it down and certain aspects that annoyed us.

Upon arrival we were certainly not welcomed with a drink like other people have stated in their reviews. We had begun our travels at 3am after only two hours sleep due to work commitments and travelling, I instantly highlighted how tired I was to the two on reception as they took our names.

We were told that they did not have 'A' booking for us (disaster) but they had two in our name so I thought great, we have no problem! Half an hour later, instead of taking us to one of our two rooms, the gentleman receptionist was still trying to figure out how this could of happened? By this time I was getting fed up and falling asleep, it wasn't my problem, I just wanted to get my head down. I walked to the bar to get myself a G&T whilst he trawled through their incredibly slow system to decipher the problem.

After 45 minutes, I had finished my incredibly expensive Gordons and still had no room. I was then asked if we had booked it on one site and then found it cheaper on another and booked it again, this I found very offensive as if I would be going to a 5 Star hotel and needing to save myself £20! In the end, we got a room at about 1pm, it was a 47 kilometre walk down a corridor, right on the end of the building and overlooking nothing whatsoever at the back of the hotel. There was some sort of crèche that was incredibly loud, the furniture above was moved every few minutes for 4 hours on the lovely marble floors and sleep was impossible!

We were asked to be moved which gratefully happened the next day, we were at the front now on the top floor overlooking the pool which was beautiful bar the weather and the tornado that ripped through the hotel and destroyed a very expensive on millionaires row behind our hotel a day later!

As it was a couple of weeks 'out of season' still we were informed that only one bar in the reception and the gourmet restaurant was open and nothing else. This was disappointing to say the least and restricted where we could go within the resort as the weather was so bad that we barely wanted to leave.

The pool was also a surprise, I have travelled extensively and stay in no less than a 4 star hotel for both business and pleasure. Never have I come across a 5 star hotel that the pool opens at 10am and closes at 7pm, the exact time frames that I wouldn't want to go for a dip, after breakfast and before dinner!

The food was nice in the gourmet restaurant but came with the price to match, the drinks were average 5 star prices, £6 for half a beer/cider and £13 for a Hendricks and Tonic. The bar staff were impeccable though, they made the effort to talk to you if sat alone, they knew what you were drinking and they were the highlight of my trip!

Vilamoura and the area in general was a complete dive in my opinion, 1990's hell hole full of tacky restaurants and a constant bombardment from staff in the restaurant to drag you in even though you tell them that you just walked out of the one next door with a full belly.

I told an Indian gent that I didn't want to eat in their restaurant as I am adverse to coriander and Indian food in general and as I walked away, he spat loudly in protest, I was far from rude, I just informed him that I didn't wish to eat there. All restaurants would plonk bread and olives on the table as if they were complimentary and then you would be presented with a £6 charge afterward for it, I hate that sort of thing and hate olives more!

I can safely say that I will never return to Portugal, it is a dump and over run with people from all nationalities trying to rip off tourists!

My advice would be to go to Puerto Banus if you want that sort of holiday but with a bit more class and sophistication, I once dated a Portugese girl and she was as nasty as the place itself!

Overall the staff were fantastic bar the guy on reception that day we checked in and the hotel is lovely, they just didn't quite get the important bits right and it left a sour taste!

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the pool!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank foodylover123
TivoliHotelsResorts, General Manager at Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest, I am very sorry that your experience at Tivoli Victoria fell short of your expectations.
I wish you the best. Mário Custódio - Tivoli Victoria General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were in the apartment section near the hotel area. We loved it, great for couples or a family. The location is great, it is near everything in Faro without being over run with tourists. The pool was big and the kids loved it and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Secure area with underground parking and each apartment has an alarm for extra piece of mind.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Teahan
Dear Teahan, Thank you for sharing your experience at The Residences. We’re glad to know you enjoyed the apartments. It’s always good to know that our continuous improvement efforts are recognized.
The apartments are like your home and at the reception you may order a shopping list to order your goods without having to go to the supermarket and carry bags.
We look forward to welcome you back on your next stay in Vilamoura.
Mário Custódio - Tivoli Victoria General Manager & The Residences at Victoria Clube de Golfe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilamoura
Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
Conrad Algarve
Conrad Algarve
#1 of 14 in Almancil
Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve

Been to Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort? Share your experiences!