After an approx €30 taxi trip from the airport, we arrived not expecting our rooms to be ready as it was only about 10.45am. However, after a 5-10 min wait in the lobby, we were allocated our room key cards.
Our room was on the 2nd floor, accessible by either lift or stairs. As you approach the rooms, the flooring changes to a deep, sound absorbing carpet. Our key cards worked first time (doesn't always happen!) and we were both really impressed with the room. The standards of cleanliness were excellent & it was a good size. There was a separate toilet with bidet, and then what appeared to be a fairly open plan bathroom consisting of a modern trough style sink, bsth with central taps & shower style attachment plus a separate shower with rainfall shower head and another hand held shower type attachment. I say that it appeared to be quite open plan because in fact, upon closer inspection,the "walls" were on castors and adjustable. You could close it completely for total privacy if required. An unexpected bonus to be able to design the walls as required!
There was a walk in wardrobe with mirror inside, a bit like a mini dressing room. The safe was in there (free to use) along with drawers, shelving, a hanging rail with hangers, ironing board and iron plus a suitcase stand. It made me want similar at home!
Also in the room was a TV, couple of telephones and an alarm clock with a docking station for an iPod or iPhone. There were plenty of different lights and controls at each side of the bed. The bed itself was the best we've ever slept in and we heard other guests raving about them as well. The beds were huge for a start - way bigger than our usual king size - and the sheets and duvet cover had a really high thread count and so felt gloriously smooth to the touch. The pillows appeared a little too buoyant for me at first, but it collapsed into a wonderfully comfortable shape without squidging up & preventing me from breathing! This, coupled with the blackout curtains and no corridor/other room noise, made for a fantastic night's sleep.
The room had a balcony with two wide bed type loungers on it, which just begged for us to have a leisurely read on them before getting ready to go out in the evenings. The balcony faced a golf course and didn't get any sun but perhaps it's nice to know there's that bit of shade to retire to during the day.
The hotel pool looked amazing - a good size and spotlessly clean. There was a good choice of chairs, loungers & beds to choose from in a variety of different areas. The staff were generally very friendly and helpful and service around the pool was very good. I had a milkshake and toasted sandwich there one lunchtime, which I enjoyed. I just signed for it so that it would be charged to my room, avoiding the need to carry cash around the hotel.
The breakfast was of an excellent standard for a buffet style. There were pastries, cake, different breads, a toasting machine, fruit juices, fruit, cereal, yogurts, eggs, bacon etc plus omelettes cooked to order and freshly made pancakes. The choice was quite impressive. Tea & coffee are provided by waiter/waitress service at the table, with top-ups being regularly offered.
With regard to getting about, there isn't really anything to walk to near the hotel (we asked) so we took a taxi to the marina for about €10. The hotel runs a free shuttle service between it and it's sister hotel on the marina, but the timings were quite spaced out and didn't really suit us. The marina was pretty quiet when we visited on a Wednesday afternoon, but in a good way. We sat outside a couple of cafés and restaurants enjoying iced coffees in the sunshine, just looking at the yachts and people watching. We had a lunch of grilled sardines, which were on offer in a few of the restaurants - we would definitely recommend trying them. When not in the restaurant I needed to find a toilet and went to the public ones on the marina which cost about 30 cents. They were very clean, so don't hesitate if caught short! There are some further around the marina but are just for marina users and accessible only with a special swipe card.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel which also has a gym, indoor pool and spa. I scent comment on those however as I didn't visit them.
Great for golfers, families and romantic breaks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal