Booked at the last minute as our favourite hotels were full. The hotel is reasonably new and modern, spotlessly clean. The room was large with a very odd bathroom that allowed you to slide all the "walls" around it open to make the room open plan, there is a separate loo though! To mind mind the AC is inadequate having called maintenance I was advised that the temperature on the thermostat was irrelevant and it should not be put on full fan ?? So I left it at 5c and middle fan setting and there was no improvement making it difficult to sleep. The breakfast was superb and the team with the coffee great! There is a buffet dinner for Eur 35 for all you can eat and includes drinks, which is good value for money. There is a "posh" restaurant but we didn't try that. The bar is in the atrium and the cocktails are great the service prompt and friendly. The pool areas has an adult only area and a bigger general pool. These are cramped and crowded and you have to get in quick to get a bed. The beds in the adult area are "doubles" and are often only used by one person and "reserved" all day by very selfish users who disappear for hours. There are not enough sun brollies and these are shared by a number of beds and you are in the shade for half the day and full sun for the other half, which is not the best, there are no other areas other than the pools to sit, unlike the Sheraton Pine Cliffs for example, some of the shades were very badly damaged and need replacing too. The hotels location and eating / drinking options are its downfall as it it miles from anywhere and you have to hire a car or get a cab to go anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal