we just returned from one week at the Tivoli and it was fantastic. We have a 3 year old and as it is a 5* I worried that it would be a bit too snobby for her, but everyone was extremely welcoming and the hotel is really nicely set up for families...if i was looking for a true spa break, i probably would not pick here as it really is 85% families...but for us it was perfect.
Lots of debate on the 5* and i have stayed in luxurious resorts before like the Four Seasons and The Ritz and this is definitely not a true 5* on our terms but considering value for money, facilities, the staff are fantastic, it's a good 4* hotel.
It is out of the way, but they do offer a coach service shuttle which we used every day, and it works well. One thing I would recommend is the dinner buffet which at 35 euros is pretty decent value for The Algarve and wine/beer is included.
WIFI as stated by many before me, is USELESS. Leave the blackberry at home...load up the iPad for kids, I didn't and regretted it as she had nothing to watch, TV in Portugese...
Anyway! Do not hesitate to book this resort particularly if you have kids. They look after you. And I am a total hotel snob. I loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal