We recently stayed at this hotel to get away for a few days and completely relax, we definitely achieved this but there is certainly room for improvement. The actual hotel and grounds are fantastic, the hotel is brand new and if tis review was purely based on the actual property then we would be rating it "Excellent". It was a real shame that this was all let down by the lack of service we felt we received from the majority of staff which felt more like 3 star to us.
We found many of the staff rude and unhelpful on more than one occasion which was a shame because a few really did make an effort. One thing we also noticed was that quite a few of the staff did not speak particularly good English and I think that probably added to the break down in communication and therefore lack of service. Other things we wouldn’t expect from a 5 star hotel included being given a twin room when we booked a double (due to the hotel being full booked), no towels available around the pool or in the Spa on three different days/occasions, half used drinks left in the minibar and waiting 30 mins for staff to bring our bags up from reception. The hotel also failed to mention that the adjoining golf club has a restaurant which we found out about from other guests, the food, prices and staff are exceptional there. The complete lack of live evening entertainment was also disappointing, each evening the hotel felt empty and very quiet even though it was fully booked.
On the positive side the property itself is fantastic. The views from the hotel over the Golf course are amazing, the loungers by the pool are extremely comfortable and the two restaurants offer a good standard of food. Although our room was different to what we booked it was exceptionally clean and modern and had an amazing shower, view and double lounger on the balcony.
The location was fine for us because we didn’t need to leave the hotel but if you want to visit the marina for a change of food/entertainment be warned that the shuttle bus from the hotel is very restrictive on times. We stayed at the Hilton in Vilamoura last year and they ran a constant evening shuttle to and from the Marina.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal