We have just got back from a wonderful week at the Tivoli Victoria. The hotel is a bit out of the way and quiet but this was perfect for us. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The pool was wonderful - lots of lounger space, towels provided and very helpful poolside staff.
The spa is amazing - it's worth budgeting for a massage as it was unbelievable luxury - they don't come cheap, but was the most relaxing 1 hour 30 minutes I have ever spent!
The golf in the area is perhaps not as pricey as you would imagine, so if you're a keen golfer, it's woth packing your clubs.
We hired a car which was invaluable, as we could then drive to the marina for dinner each night and not have to deal with the transfer bus, which runs very infrequently. The marina restaurants are very expensive and generally not worth the money. However, if you head 300 metres inland from the marina, up the steps past the Guinness irish bar, you will find another area of restaurants; these are much cheaper and much better food.
We were told at hotel that we could use the "private beach" at the sister hotel, the Tivoli Marina - don't bother. The beach is not private at all, 2 loungers and an umbrella cost 30 euros to hire, and Falesia beach is 100 times nicer.
We did have one complaint with the hotel - one day we came back from the beach and the room had been cleaned. I went to pick up a bottle of medicine from the side and found that it had been broken and left on the side, causing me to cut myself. We complained at reception and the receptionist stated that the maid had reported that it was broken when she got there. We said that was simply not true but that was the end of the conversation - the receptionist would not take it any further and left us very frustrated and annoyed.
But, all in all, we had a fantastic holiday here. If you want a holiday where you can completely relax in luxury, this is the place for you. We would definately go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal