“Sorry but no more than average”
Review of Willies Restaurant

Willies Restaurant
Reserve with
Willies Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 194 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Scotland
“Sorry but no more than average”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

As we were on holiday I decided to treat my wife to a meal at the Michelin starred Willies restaurant in Vilamoura

Decor was okay but dated was my first impression. Menu was limited also but some really good restaurants tend to have a small menu selection. What I found most disappointed was the poor wine list. The house wine is Marquess de Borba and that is what we plumped for

The starter was delicious. I had the carpaccio of beetroot with scallops, while my wife had a crabmeat dish.

The main courses were very average and I had a special and my wife had a prawn curry.

Overall it was, in my opinion, uninspiring and we have been to much better meals at restaurants without a Michelin accolade. This restaurant is not cheap (180 euros for 2). I would not rush back I am afraid

• Visited May 2014

New York City, New York
“An experience”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The colorful Maitre'D greeted us, and all guests, by saying "Welcome to the center of the Universe" That pretty much said it all for the rest of the evening.

We sat outside and placed our order...we had blush champagne and the Maitre'D chose a bottle of wine for us that was amazing.

Went inside where the waiter/waitress were very particular and attentive. The decor is beautiful old english country like. Lovely table. Amuse bouche was presented beautifully....but, pate is not my thing.

Hubs had the lobster bisque and it was the best we'd ever tasted--anywhere in the world (so far). Light and fresh. I had the crab app---sorry I didn't get the bisque. Didn't seem fresh.

Had the prawns for a main course and they were crazy good--hubs had the veal--which he said was very good, but from the description he received he didn't know it was veal he was ordering.

The portions are small, but that was expected. We returned to the outside terrace for desert where I had the chocolate and it was good. Also, they provide a small plate of macaroon and other pieces. The coffee was so good, I had 2 cups.

We spent 3 hours there for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed it. The cost was about 240 with tip.....it was an an interesting experience all around!

Windsor, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant in Vilamoura”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The atmosphere is more formal than most restaurants in Vilamoura but the staff and ambience quickly make sure that the overriding feeling is one of being very comfortable. The staff are very attentive without being overbearing and contribute to the feel of the restaurant. Willie has cooked every time I have been and the quality of the food has always been very good. Certainly worth his Michelin Star and well worth booking your seat and taking the short trip out from the Marina.

• Visited May 2014
Ireland
“Anniversary celebration”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Went there with hubby for wedding anniversary. Inside is small but nicely decorated. Staff are excellent, friendly and attentive without being over the top. Meal gorgeous, ravioli starter, heaven. Steak for main meal all delicious. Will look forward too repeat visit. To cap it off willie, came out to customers to see how meal had been. Nice touch

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Genuine michelin star food”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

After reading one or two negative reviews we nearly cancelled our reservation for my wife's birthday. Would have been a big mistake as this was a genuine michelin star experience in every respect. Food, service, ambience 100% we will be back next year to celebrate again