“Evening meal”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Evening meal”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We visited this restaurant three times during our stay on holiday in vilamoura in July. Starters are varied and acceptable. The first time we had the meal the food was bordering good to very good, having sizzling steak and lemon chicken, the second time was excellent, having tried beef and duck, the duck being the best I have had anywhere, the third time we had the lamb chops and pork. The chops were underdone and the pork was very rich but was of more than ample portion. The rice was dry but that is not a criticism as nearly always rice has been more sloppy when I have eaten at other chinese restaurants. Desserts are excellent and there is a good selection. The restaurant gets full every day so it is advisable to book beforehand.

Ingleton, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We ate here twice on our weeks stay as it was that good. The restaurant is lovely, very modern with a fantastic view of the marina.
Excellent prompt service. The food was delicious both times we visited, we would definitely return.

1 Thank BeccaD2012
“Worst meal of my life”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and a friend visited this restaurant tonight - and physically felt sick.. The food was absolutely rubbish - possibly the worst attempt at Chinese food I have ever tasted. The sweet n sour chicken tasted like someone had battered the toes of the invalid that loiters around the front of the restaurant with what I can only describe as chicken legs - one of which is actually back to front. I know you cannot decide who stands outside your restaurant but I actually believe the spare ribs we had for starter had come from his legs. This isn't meant to be humerous this is meant to warm the world and all other holiday goers that venture into the mariner for a nice Chinese to literally find the nearest petrol station so that you can wash your mouth out after eating there. The taste still haunts me I'm frightened that I will have nightmares about their attempt of deep fried squid that was actually battered Michelin tyres with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. What's worse than the food here is the prices, we paid €17 for the gambas which I'm sure was supplied from Kerry katonas freezer in Iceland. All in all you could say that this is the worst meal I've eaten in my life and if you don't believe me dip your feet in pva glue go running through your local councils dump and then spend 20 minutes trying to eat your own foot - then pay for it and feel like you have been thoroughly abused! We left the restaurant feeling ashamed and refuse to talk about this meal ever again. On a lighter note alambique was a fantastic restaurant that I highly recommend if you prefer to engage your taste buds.

9 Thank Tom H
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Lovely Restaurant”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Great restaurant, lovely staff. On Marina.
Always enjoy the food here.
Recommend highly.
Always busy book a table they will call you or go next door for a drink.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank lmidge39
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Fantastic Chinese Meal”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Visited this restaurant on our recent visit to Vilamoura, did not realise you would have to book but luckily they were very helpful and a table was just leaving so offered us a seat whilst we waited. We were shown to our table very quickly once vacated and although the restaurant was extremely busy you did not feel rushed. The food was fantastic, some of the best Chinese food I have had. Would certainly recommend a visit.

1 Thank Lynda009