We had a 2 bedroom apartment and stayed for 6 nights. The apartments are lovely, clean and modern - not like your typical wicker furniture self catering holidays. We enjoy the freedom of having all the conveniences of home but as this the hotel is next door and you have the bonus of full use of their facilities.
The complex is well thought out with underground parking and allocated spaces under your building block. Security is taken seriously with swipe card entry into the complex/car parks and alarms in the apartments. We paid slightly more for golf course view and would recommend this if you can. The shuttle service into the Marina is very handy, make sure you get to the bus stop sharp though as each night we witnessed more people than the bus could seat being turned away. This said it's only around 10Euros for a taxi. The staff in the apartments and hotel are very friendly and helpful although I've had better service in other hotels of equal standard in the pool area. We didn't eat in the hotel/complex but the cocktails are good and the spirit measures generous.
My only negatives (which is slightly strong a word) is that clearly not everyone reads the booklet left in the apartments asking people to be mindful of those in the apartments below them - our upstairs neighbours were quite noisy. Also, while we didn't go on holiday to watch tv the only English speaking channels were the news channels which is fine but over 6 days isn't ideal. There was a digibox with UK channels but it wasn't working as apparently the satellite has shifted. Wifi in the apartments would have been good but is available in reception. Like I say none of these are particularly big issues and wouldn't put us off returning.
If you like slightly more sophisticated/luxurious accommodation and want to relax this is ideal. A car is probably a good idea but I don't think it would be essential.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the glamorous Tivoli Victoria and just 5 minutes from Vilamoura centre, "The Residences at Victoria Golf Club managed by Tivoli Hotels & Resorts", is the most recent and modern residential development in Vilamoura. With 145 two and three bedroomed apartments, it has everything you need for a great family holiday, combining the comfort of home with the exceptional service of a 5 star hotel. Perfectly integrated into the landscape and surrounded by gardens, among the many facilities offered by this development in Vilamoura in the Algarve are 3 swimming pools, a gymnasium, children's playground, 2 bars and 24 hour reception service. In addition to the development's own facilities, guests are also entitled to use the exclusive privileges and services of the Tivoli Victoria and Tivoli Marina Vilamoura. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Residences at Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residences At Victoria Clube De Golfe Hotel Vilamoura
- The Residences At Victoria Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve