The apartment was really smart, spacious and clean. We were upgraded to a 3 bedroom apartment which had a bathroom and 2 shower rooms, together with a large lounge with dining area, kitchen with breakfast bar and a terrace you can sit out on too. It also had a washing machine which is handy for a 2 week holiday.
The apartment was cleaned and beds made every day which was nice [ie saved me having to do it!].
The outdoor pool is really nice, not a boring rectangle but a more interesting shape with an 'island', which the children liked but it was pretty COLD.
There was also an indoor pool which was supposedly heated but this was also cold.
You sort of get used to it being cold [and it can be refreshing when it's boiling] but if you like your pools warm or at least with the edge off the coolness then this probably isn't the place for you!
The food at the Residences is good but we found it was even better, and better value, in the Tivoli Victoria Hotel next door which do a buffet for 35 Euros which includes all food and drink [including a choice of red/white/rose wine, water, soft drinks etc] and a child under 12 eats free with each paying adult.
The quality of the buffet is excellent - the salad bar was delicious - and the 'theme' changes each day e.g. Algarve, Italian, Tex Mex etc. Really fab.
The shuttle bus into town was a godsend as taxis are hard to get hold of, and a bit unreliable, and the Resdiences/Hotel are about 15 mins drive from the Marina so you need some form of transport.
If you stay in the Residences you can also use the facilities at the Hotel next door [again nice pool but again COLD!] and at the Tivoli Marina [ditto]. This gives a bit of variety.
I would say the Residences is more family orientated than the hotel, mainly because the pool there is more 'fun'.
If you are looking for somewhere for a lovely, relaxing holiday with a couple of trips into the Marina for variety then this is a good base. There's not a lot else apart from golf in Vilamoura but if all you want to do is chill out then it's not a bad option.
On the disability access front all the hotels had good access, there is a slight obsession with using cobbles on the pathways i.e. stones about 6cm square, but they are relatively flat compared to proper cobbles but they still give a bit of a bumpy ride.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the glamorous Tivoli Victoria and just 5 minutes from Vilamoura centre, "The Residences at Victoria Golf Club managed by Tivoli Hotels & Resorts", is the most recent and modern residential development in Vilamoura. With 145 two and three bedroomed apartments, it has everything you need for a great family holiday, combining the comfort of home with the exceptional service of a 5 star hotel. Perfectly integrated into the landscape and surrounded by gardens, among the many facilities offered by this development in Vilamoura in the Algarve are 3 swimming pools, a gymnasium, children's playground, 2 bars and 24 hour reception service. In addition to the development's own facilities, guests are also entitled to use the exclusive privileges and services of the Tivoli Victoria and Tivoli Marina Vilamoura. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Ebookers, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and LoveHolidays so you can book your The Residences at Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residences At Victoria Clube De Golfe Hotel Vilamoura
- The Residences At Victoria Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve