Having booked this trip 6 months ago we were a little perturbed, after reading some reviews, that we may have been disappointed but no way - everything was great from the moment we arrived and was booked in by Christina. She remembered that she had spoken to our daughter, who made the booking for us as a gift, and was very friendly, professional and our check-in went like clockwork.
Our room was delightful with a lovely view and the largest balcony that we have ever seen in any hotel/cruise ship that we have stayed in around the world. We were housed on the 11th Floor, Casino side, where we had the sun in the afternoon and faced sunset. Yes - there was a little noise on Friday and Saturday evening/early hours of the morning but nothing that took the shine from the lovely views of the coast and Marina in the distance. Yes - we did only have one very comfortable chair on the balcony but we straight away moved the wicker armchair and table out and were very, very comfortable. The decor of the rooms is very relaxing and how great to have a fridge that we could use for our own purposes and not just for a sales pitch Mini Bar! Over the years we have stayed in hotels that wouldn't even allow us to keep medication in the fridge. Bathrooms were lovely with lots of mirrors and very well designed - similar to CP in Dubai. Yes - there were no luxury toiletries that one comes to expect from a 5* hotel but as anyone that has widely traveled knows there is a difference between 5* hotels in cities and holiday resorts and also differ from country to country. Many reviews mention the coffee maker - normally rooms do not have tea/coffee facilities and room service is your only means of a hot drink, so this is an extra to most 5* hotels and cheaper than room service! Thanks to TA reviews we took our small travel kettle, that we hadn't used in years, for our early morning cuppa.
We certainly could not fault the staff in any way as we found them very friendly and they went out of their way to help and please. Yes - perhaps they are a little reserved until they get talking to you but they certainly listen and we find this is much better customer relations than being 'in your face'. Just a small point, we had a little problem with our bidet and within 15mins, on a Sunday afternoon, maintenance came to repair it followed by Housekeeping to clean the bathroom again. Now that's service for you!
Can thoroughly recommend the House Wine - at 2.50 euros a glass it is very acceptable. Did not eat in the hotel in the evening as for this type of holiday we like to go and savour the local restaurants and we can certainly recommend a visit to see Tony at 'Concorde' - great guy and good food! Also the little coffee shop just along from the hotel, by the banks, Pao Pao serves an excellent cappuccino and yes.............'the best chocolate cake in the world!!
Apart from the staff - and 'thank you' once again we must say how wonderful it is to stay at a hotel that does not have notices up everywhere saying 'don't do this' and 'don't do that'.
A very lovely, relaxing holiday in a superb location and YES we will certainly be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Totally renovated, the Hotel offers 327 spacious rooms and suites, all with private balcony, individual air conditioning, wireless high speed internet, TV, Nespresso coffee machine and in room safe. Other facilities include a dedicated Golf Reception desk, an outdoor Putting Green and a Multi-sports area. The Almond Tree Wellness Spa includes treatment rooms, Hamman and dry Sauna, a modern Fitness Center, indoor heated pool and extra large whirlpool. Also available is an outdoor pool with apx. 1000 m2 and a large sundeck, with full view over the Vilamoura beach. Local and International gastronomy is available in the Restaurant Cataplana with daily buffet, a la carte options as well as dinner Al Fresco in the Patio. The Caravela Bar & Lounge by the pool area is the perfect choice for enjoying a drink or having a light snack. For Meetings & Congresses the Hotel offers 1488 m2 of meeting space, all on same Floor, equipped with modern technology and benefiting of natural sunlight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Hotelopia, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Hotel Vilamoura
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Portugal