We rather liked the look of this in the Saga brochure and were not disappointed. It is a hotel used by Saga but does not belong to the company. We arrived at the time of the carnival so the hotel was busy but became quieter after Shrove Tuesday. The hotel is right on the beach front and walking in both directions is a delight. The staff were efficient and friendly, although sometimes they looked hard-pressed in the restaurant. We knew about the coffee arrangements in the rooms so brought our own. Our room was large with a good view of the sea and the sunset. It was spotless and our bathroom was luxurious. We were there for seven days in February and able to go on various excursions which gave us the opportunity to see more of Portugal. If you play golf this is one of many hotels chosen by golfers. The food was fine. Breakfast was always good. I suggest that having a hot water urn may help with those wanting tea as you needed to have a flask of hot water brought to your table otherwise. Lunch and dinner were perfectly acceptable. We did not notice that the food was not hot and, after all, not every country goes in for hot food. It did not bother us that salads and deserts were open. That is a feature in some very up-market UK hotels too. We were warned that the outdoor pool would be cold and nobody used it, although I can see that it would be fantastic in the summer, but the sunken area in which it lies is a great sun-trap. The indoor pool is wonderful and the jacuzzi one of the best, as is the steam room. I had a massage in the spa while I was there too. As a Saga guest we did use the exercise machines regularly and they were never heavily used. Saga's availability and pricing fits in with the job I do and I am very active (described by one guest as a mere kitten) but this is a good hotel for the less active to escape the winter and a walk down to the marina will provide a variety of places to sit, drink and watch the world go by. We were sorry our stay was so brief.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Totally renovated, the Hotel offers 327 spacious rooms and suites, all with private balcony, individual air conditioning, wireless high speed internet, TV, Nespresso coffee machine and in room safe. Other facilities include a dedicated Golf Reception desk, an outdoor Putting Green and a Multi-sports area. The Almond Tree Wellness Spa includes treatment rooms, Hamman and dry Sauna, a modern Fitness Center, indoor heated pool and extra large whirlpool. Also available is an outdoor pool with apx. 1000 m2 and a large sundeck, with full view over the Vilamoura beach. Local and International gastronomy is available in the Restaurant Cataplana with daily buffet, a la carte options as well as dinner Al Fresco in the Patio. The Caravela Bar & Lounge by the pool area is the perfect choice for enjoying a drink or having a light snack. For Meetings & Congresses the Hotel offers 1488 m2 of meeting space, all on same Floor, equipped with modern technology and benefiting of natural sunlight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Hotel Vilamoura
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Portugal