I have never written a review before as i would consider myself easy going but i couldnt let this experience go.i stayed in this hotel last year with my mum as did another friend of mine and we loved it. I came back to Ireland and raved about it. My two friends and i decided to go back in May for a five day break. When we arrived the room we had paid for was not the room we recieved. we had paid for a room for three people, when we got to room it had two beds and what can only be descibed as a cot bed. The person showing us the room even commented that there was no way the three of us would be able to mange in the room. We went down to reception to ask for a bigger room and we were told no this was the room we paid for etc. We were getting nowhere so we asked to speak to the manager. We were told fine wait there, receptionist comes back says the manager is gone home as it is a bank holiday (it was a thursday evening so we found it hard to believe it was a bank holiday). He said we could deal with duty manager, we said fine. He then comes back a while later says there is no duty manager working!!. He says the only one that can sort room out is a manager as he has no authority but there was no manager. He eventually agrees to ring manmager on phone, manager says we can pay for upgrade or stay put in room. The next monring we go down to speak to manager to say he is a disgrace is putting it mildy no interest in sorting out the problem but extremely aggresive and became very abosuive towards us in the middle of reception so much so other people came up to us afterwards to ask if we were ok. I asked for the number of the headoffice he refused to give it to me told me to look it up on the computer. We had to pay for the upgrade as we could not stay in the room we were put in. When we returned we wrote to headoffice they automatically replied told us we would have a letter from The Crowne Plaza In Vilamoura addressing our concerns within seven days. To date and despite lots of emails by us there has been no response from the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura. Be warned if you go to this hotel it is a franchise and they do not seem to deal with any complaints, it seems to me that they act on their own agenda and you will have little recourse. The shame is we loved this hotel the first time round and we are going back to portugal in the next week but would not even consider going back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Totally renovated, the Hotel offers 327 spacious rooms and suites, all with private balcony, individual air conditioning, wireless high speed internet, TV, Nespresso coffee machine and in room safe. Other facilities include a dedicated Golf Reception desk, an outdoor Putting Green and a Multi-sports area. The Almond Tree Wellness Spa includes treatment rooms, Hamman and dry Sauna, a modern Fitness Center, indoor heated pool and extra large whirlpool. Also available is an outdoor pool with apx. 1000 m2 and a large sundeck, with full view over the Vilamoura beach. Local and International gastronomy is available in the Restaurant Cataplana with daily buffet, a la carte options as well as dinner Al Fresco in the Patio. The Caravela Bar & Lounge by the pool area is the perfect choice for enjoying a drink or having a light snack. For Meetings & Congresses the Hotel offers 1488 m2 of meeting space, all on same Floor, equipped with modern technology and benefiting of natural sunlight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Hotel Vilamoura
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Portugal