The hotel staff were very good apart from the older front desk lady who appeared to judge us on arrival as we are a young couple with a 1 yr old - all the other staff made the stay worthwhile for the little one so thanks!!
We stayed B&B which was great as there are so many places to eat in the marina and also the sidestreets behind the marina are worth a visit for more 'traditional' Portuguese food. Having been in the restaurant for one meal we were glad we only stayed B&B as it wasn't to the standard that we've experienced in other 5*'s.
The rooms were ok but quite a few things need to be addressed if all rooms are like ours. If it's a 1 off then granted but I doubt it.
- The floor underneath the bed didn't seem to have been swept since Christmas!
- The balcony wasn't swept for the entire 2 wk stay.
- Anything that was left by the side of the bin (empty water bottles etc) weren't taken by the cleaners, only the waste actually inside the tiny bin.
- Drinking glasses weren't cleaned/replaced, simply overturned on the coasters.
- The bed sheets must only have been changed 3 times in 2 wks.
After arriving at about 7pm and having requested a cot for the 1 yr old, we got to the room with no cot so he couldn't go to bed. We eventually (after 3 further requests to the same sour faced lady who checked us in) were given a cot at about 10.30pm. Not a great start with a tired little man!
Pool towels are left on sunbeds by guests who only turn up at 11.30am. Very infuriating as the same calibre of ignorant, oversized and obnoxious guests do this day after day. Please, please if u see towels still there at 11am remove 2 of them, this is actually hotel policy and it works :-)
Overall, the hotel should be classed as 4* at best. The things we experienced shouldn't happen at a 5* hotel that is part of a well established world renowned chain of hotels. Not somewhere we would return to in a hurry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Totally renovated, the Hotel offers 327 spacious rooms and suites, all with private balcony, individual air conditioning, wireless high speed internet, TV, Nespresso coffee machine and in room safe. Other facilities include a dedicated Golf Reception desk, an outdoor Putting Green and a Multi-sports area. The Almond Tree Wellness Spa includes treatment rooms, Hamman and dry Sauna, a modern Fitness Center, indoor heated pool and extra large whirlpool. Also available is an outdoor pool with apx. 1000 m2 and a large sundeck, with full view over the Vilamoura beach. Local and International gastronomy is available in the Restaurant Cataplana with daily buffet, a la carte options as well as dinner Al Fresco in the Patio. The Caravela Bar & Lounge by the pool area is the perfect choice for enjoying a drink or having a light snack. For Meetings & Congresses the Hotel offers 1488 m2 of meeting space, all on same Floor, equipped with modern technology and benefiting of natural sunlight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Hotel Vilamoura
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Portugal