Stayed here for Valentines Night and booked a Deluxe room. Check in was quick and efficient and we found our room on the 5th floor. The corridors are very soothing with the room numbers noted on the carpet outside each room. The entry system is high tech, whereby swiping the room card opens the door. Well usually, but later in the day the key ceased to work due to apparently it having been near to my smartphone. A trip back to reception quickly encoded the card again so no real problem. The room was very clean, modern and comfortable. There is a Nespresso machine, but no pods or explanation where they could be obtained. It had a minibar which was empty, apparently packages ranging up to €50 could be bought. A room safe, iron, ironing board and wall mounted flat screen tv were also provided. The beds were very comfortable, the pillows were nice and the linen of good quality.
The bathroom was beautiful, with a huge bath, over bath shower, wash basin and partitioned off wc and bidet. Bathrobes and slippers were provided. The towels were disappointing being quite small and not really bath size. On trying to use the bath, the stopper stubbornly refused to stay down but a maintenance man came to attend to this after a call to reception. Another disappointment was the toiletries. Soap dispensers are provided, and also some small bottles of shampoo, body lotion. However there is only one of each which when the room is occupied by two people is a little mean.
The balcony had a view over the sea and the nearby casino, but was only provided with one chair so you could enjoy the view by turns!
We had come in from a wet golf course and quickly used the bath towels. As I left the hotel to go for dinner I asked if there was a turn down service when new towels might be provided for the morning. No they did not do this, but they were happy to provide fresh towels. These were there on our return, but also so were the wet ones we used earlier which I thought was a bit bizarre.
Sleep quality was good and the hotel was very quiet. This could not be said of the street outside which even on a cold February night was frequently used by very loud and shouting passers by. Not the fault of the hotel at all but an irritation.
Breakfast was buffet style and we were quickly shown to a table and provided with coffee. The room is large and pleasant but the buffet is laid out on several round tables in the middle and the result is was a bit chaotic with people at all angles. The food was fine, although I would have preferred small packs of butter, jam and honey rather than the butter pats, jam dish and runny honey jug that they provided.
Checkout was fine, and although nothing major was wrong I feel the above small things let the hotel down. That having been said I would still recommend this hotel as overall it was very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Totally renovated, the Hotel offers 327 spacious rooms and suites, all with private balcony, individual air conditioning, wireless high speed internet, TV, Nespresso coffee machine and in room safe. Other facilities include a dedicated Golf Reception desk, an outdoor Putting Green and a Multi-sports area. The Almond Tree Wellness Spa includes treatment rooms, Hamman and dry Sauna, a modern Fitness Center, indoor heated pool and extra large whirlpool. Also available is an outdoor pool with apx. 1000 m2 and a large sundeck, with full view over the Vilamoura beach. Local and International gastronomy is available in the Restaurant Cataplana with daily buffet, a la carte options as well as dinner Al Fresco in the Patio. The Caravela Bar & Lounge by the pool area is the perfect choice for enjoying a drink or having a light snack. For Meetings & Congresses the Hotel offers 1488 m2 of meeting space, all on same Floor, equipped with modern technology and benefiting of natural sunlight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Hotel Vilamoura
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Portugal