We just returned from our 1 week stay in this hotel in Vilamoura. Generally, our stay in the hotel was excellent and relaxing. The facilities and services of the hotel are excellent, the staff is kind and helpful to the extreme. Everything is given so that this hotel could be the best of its kind.
BUT. There are very little, annoying details that could be solved with a little bit of attention (most of them would not cost a cent).
1. The check-in was very quick in spite of our early arrival. There are no general information about the hotel facilities available in the room but on the TV. However, the remote control for the TV was not working since the battery was low. Checking the functioning of the remote control could be introduced into the cleaning protocol. I had to ask at the reception for the changing of the batteries and it took them for 2 days.
2. We are the type of people who like to look around and go for excursions. Most of the organized excursions starts at a very early hour, before the breakfast would be available. The hotel staff could not solve to provide us with the breakfast (either opening earlier or making a pack), only room service was recommended (but this is available only within the same period when normal breakfast, so did not mean a solution).During the excursions we experienced that guests from other hotels in Vilamoura could have breakfast packs.
3. Indeed, there are computers with internet in the lobby for public use. It would be practical if the default language would be set to English or any commonly spoken language other than Portuguese.
4. Enough mention has already been made to the sunbeds around the pool area, useless to repeat, no willingness is shown to find a solution. However, bean bags are not necessarily a 5-star solution...especially not for elderly people.
Despite the long list, I have to repeat these were only small things that have very little influence on our overall assessment. These are just elements that could make this hotel a real 5-star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Totally renovated, the Hotel offers 327 spacious rooms and suites, all with private balcony, individual air conditioning, wireless high speed internet, TV, Nespresso coffee machine and in room safe. Other facilities include a dedicated Golf Reception desk, an outdoor Putting Green and a Multi-sports area. The Almond Tree Wellness Spa includes treatment rooms, Hamman and dry Sauna, a modern Fitness Center, indoor heated pool and extra large whirlpool. Also available is an outdoor pool with apx. 1000 m2 and a large sundeck, with full view over the Vilamoura beach. Local and International gastronomy is available in the Restaurant Cataplana with daily buffet, a la carte options as well as dinner Al Fresco in the Patio. The Caravela Bar & Lounge by the pool area is the perfect choice for enjoying a drink or having a light snack. For Meetings & Congresses the Hotel offers 1488 m2 of meeting space, all on same Floor, equipped with modern technology and benefiting of natural sunlight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Hotel Vilamoura
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Portugal