I am afraid I have to join the list complaining about lack of sun beds, towels on sun beds etc at this lovely hotel.
The bean bags on the grass are quite comfy once you get the knack of 'layering' them but if you want to follow the sun round it's a bit of a pain moving them. More sun beds on the grass would solve the problem and I hope the hotel takes notice.
Apart from this no complaints only compliments, especially the staff, all pleasant and helpful not a bit like described by someone else. Service and food were excellent. We stayed half board and the only thing missing was a piece of meat, turkey carvery style. There was a selection of fish, meat, chicken casseroles, risotto, and pasta. The salad table was very good and everything was beautifully presented.
We were glad we booked half board as it was very cool in the evening for the 10-15 min walk to the marina.
There were musicians in the lounge in the evening (only average), various TV screens with no volume, showing various sports- football, tennis, motor racing etc. the TV's in the rooms had a couple of English channels, news etc.
We had a lateral sea view room on 6th floor and it was fine. I wouldn't pay extra for the time we spent in there. The bed was huge and very comfortable.
My husband used the gym every day which was free.
This is a quiet hotel, not the usual package holiday hotel so if you want a good rest it is ideal and definitely a touch of class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Totally renovated, the Hotel offers 327 spacious rooms and suites, all with private balcony, individual air conditioning, wireless high speed internet, TV, Nespresso coffee machine and in room safe. Other facilities include a dedicated Golf Reception desk, an outdoor Putting Green and a Multi-sports area. The Almond Tree Wellness Spa includes treatment rooms, Hamman and dry Sauna, a modern Fitness Center, indoor heated pool and extra large whirlpool. Also available is an outdoor pool with apx. 1000 m2 and a large sundeck, with full view over the Vilamoura beach. Local and International gastronomy is available in the Restaurant Cataplana with daily buffet, a la carte options as well as dinner Al Fresco in the Patio. The Caravela Bar & Lounge by the pool area is the perfect choice for enjoying a drink or having a light snack. For Meetings & Congresses the Hotel offers 1488 m2 of meeting space, all on same Floor, equipped with modern technology and benefiting of natural sunlight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Hotel Vilamoura
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Portugal