Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve
Dom Pedro Marina(Vilamoura)
US$161
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Vila Gale Ampalius(Vilamoura)(Great Value!)
US$122
  • Breakfast included
US$254
Hotels.com
US$196
  • Pool
Pestana Vila Sol, Vilamoura(Vilamoura)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$111
Pestana Hotel Group
  • Restaurant
Hotel Apartamentos do Golf(Vilamoura)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$301
US$281
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Pinhal da Marina(Vilamoura)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$80
2,597 results
All reviewspirate shipglass bathroomside sea viewpool areastar hotellovely hoteljunior suitetea and coffeehalf boardplenty of choiceper dayshort walk to the marinasun loungersbreakfast and dinnersteam roompay eurosnespresso machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a group of 12 on a golf break. Hotel is typical modern chain affair, rooms excellent. Staff superb at reception, golf transfers and concierge, less so at breakfast. Ideal location for marina, beach and golf courses. Pool area is first class.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Redders2014
MP_CP_Vilamoura, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking your time and gives us such kind review regarding your experience at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura.
May we have the opportunity to welcome at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura on your next golf break in Vilamoura.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just back - and for the first time we booked to go back again later this month. Highlights -
1. the kids club. They did an amazing job of entertaining all ages - even our 9 and 11 year olds.
2. The location. - what was really great was the proximity of local restaurants around the marina - we almost never ate in the hotel (just watched the matches and then went out) (read for this that the hotel restaurant wasn't great)
3. Although the hotel looks awful on the outside - basically a concrete block it is lovely on the inside . Good rooms - although we only saw two. The balcony was also safe for toddlers
4. Breakfast. All the standard fare for a large well stocked buffet with fresh omelettes etc. it was free for ihg platinum - which was great as they initially quoted a crazy cost by email.
5. Great wifi from rooms to reception and beside the pool.
6. Staff very helpful - if a bit disorganised.
7 beach. Lovely beach - right at the gate.

Negatives:
1. Advance service. The staff were great once we got there but would not confirm interconnecting rooms before hand - which really stressed us as travelling with kids. We were very close to cancelling before we got there.
2. The coffee was awful at breakfast - but probably a feature of the high volume. On the plus side there is a beach cafe just outside called Marissa which does a mean coffee - so we went there after breakfast every day.
3 games room - ie just table tennis closes unnecessarily early. Would have been nice to play with my son while the girls were getting ready in the evening!
3. Spa is mediocre. One of those places that smells lovely but is a little 'soft' - at least not a real sports massage. Nice pool in the spa area but we didn't use it.
4 the area is pretty poor for watersports - unless you have a car.
5 beach towels. Slightly bizarre process of picking up and dropping off towels to reception. Just a silly process - not that troublesome. What would have been better would be if they did some more to police people holding pool chairs all day with their towel...

Overall - theses are negatives that we could raise against hotel- so the positives far outweigh here. In particular the fact that the kids were so happy meant that we all had a relaxing time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Grumpy54321

Dear Anthony Omeara,
Thank you so much for your comments about the hotel facilities and staff.
We are very pleased to know that your stay with us exceed your expectations.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have been following some of the reviews and was a little concerned that the hotel did not seem to respond to the niggles about lack of sunbeds. I emailed before I went and got a very nice response but no solution so I was pleasantly surprised to find that a further 100 sunbeds arrived while we were there and this issue is no longer a problem. We were welcomed into the hotel and had a swift check in at 12.00 into one room. The adjoining was not yet ready but would be in due course - no problem as check in 3.00pm.The reception and bar area is very nice and leads onto the pool area. A separate area with pool for young children meant that the main pool remains more adult. The restaurant was very good also, especially the breakfast which had lots of variety. The evening meal was also buffet and had a very good varied choice with additional choices of meals that could be made to order which suited my picky 15 year old. The staff were busy but courteous and efficient. The room on the Quarteira side was well laid out although got the sun in the morning and shade afternoon so I would ask for Vilamoura side if I was to stay again. Yes, one seat on balcony but not a problem. Complimentary water every day which was very useful and Kettle. We took own tea and coffee and asked for some cups which we kept in a drawer all week - no problem. Towels available at reception no charge which is useful. Sure - people put towels on beds early morning but we always got some sunbeds or fatboys on grass and they are very comfortable. Short walk into Quarteira with Jaffas supermarket for bits and bobs. Can take a short cut out of front towards McDonalds and then down path just before which gets you to Marina. McDs, Pizza Hut and Burger King went down well with my boys 15 and 20 but lots of places to eat around Marina and reasonable prices for food and drink. All in all a great hotel in a great location and could not fault either. I loved the laid back feel of the resort and the hotel in that there weren't lots of rules and regulations to follow. Just be respectful and enjoy. This resort has a luxury feel without the big price tag - a great find and I can definitely see me returning in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the Vilamoura side for afternoon sunshine.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Colsgang

Dear Guest,
It is very rewarding to see that your stay at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura exceed your expectations.
Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review. Certainly it will motivate our team to improve the service and keep up with the good work.
We do look forward to welcome you back again at our hotel.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have recently returned from a weeks stay at this hotel. I stayed with my husband and 13 year old son. First impression was very good and we were accompanied up to our room on the 5th floor. I was under the impression that the room was a "superior" room, but to be honest I didn't think it was. The beds were comfy and it was great to find the pillows were feather, which I prefer. There was only one chair on the balcony which I thought was rather poor. The view was okay, because we could see the sea to the right, but we mainly overlooked scrubland and other hotels. The bathroom was very nice - wall to wall marble. There was a very strange feature though of pressing a button and a screen would go up and there was a glass wall to see into the bathroom. This would have been fine for a couple on their own, but wasn't really suitable for us staying with our son. The rooms were cleaned every day and fresh towels left which was good. We stopped on a bed and breakfast basis as we like to try different restaurants in the evening. The breakfast did get a bit boring by the end of the week, but I did enjoy the freshly squeezed orange juice and the freshly made omelettes. One of the best features of this hotel was the massive pool. It was about 100 metres in length and although it was cold when you first got in it was lovely to swim from one end to the other. The first couple of days we couldn't get a subbed or a fatboy beanbag so we ended up doing the age old tradition (as everyone else was) of going down for breakfast and putting towels to reserve one. There did seem to be more sunbeds towards the end of our stay, don't know if they had bought new ones or people had gone home. This hotel is a great base to stay so you can explore Vilamoura. We walked to the marina every night which was only about a 10 minute walk. The restaurants on the front were very busy and usually expensive, so we used to go off the main streets. To sum up I would recommend this hotel if you wanted to visit Vilamoura.

Room Tip: I suppose the higher rooms would have better views and the ones over looking the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kerry F

Dear Kerry F,

Thank you for taking your time to post your review.

We look forward to welcome you again at the hotel
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Travelled here end of June as a couple for one week stay. We always read reviews before we go and were a little alarmed about some very negative ones. There are some points I will make out but please don't be put off from staying here. We were given a warm welcome and bags taken up to room(sometimes not done)! The room was high up facing the Quarteira side and a lovely sea and harbour view.Large comfortable twin beds,bathrobes and slippers too. Great bathroom with fabulous walk in shower which was powerful so made ablutions so pleasant.The bathroom is well mirrored but the bedroom could do with a mirror for make up whilst partner in bathroom. We brought along a kettle but were surprised to find one already there so there is no need to take your own. Just bring along your own tea/coffee etc. There is only one chair allocated to the balcony which I found strange as the rooms accommodate two people. We were on a B&B basis and found the breakfasts ,especially the omelettes ,very good with plenty of choice. My only gripe here is being served tea/coffee. Only two gentlemen came to ask straight away what we wanted whilst two of the older ones studiously ignored us. I eventually helped myself. The pool is a lovely one to swim in and this part I enjoyed. Sunbeds- on checking in we were told that reserving them was not allowed but it is patently obvious that most people ignore this and get up extra early to drape towels. I think the pool guards are trying their best to police this but its difficult. We had to share one. I feel that as I swim it would have been nice to have a bed near the pool but had to wrap a towel round and go to my room to shower. I can understand how people get fed up with sun bed hogs. We would go out and about for hours and the same people hadn't moved(maybe to reach for a drink or food)!. There have been some beds added to the fatboys on the grass which is a step in the right direction but maybe the poolside area should be redesigned to accommodate more beds as it is a large hotel. We only dined once in Vilamoura as we discovered lovely eateries in Quarteira at a fraction of the more upmarket Vilamoura prices
and were superb quality.Special mention to Meia Naranga,29 Rua Gago Coutinho. Plenty fresh fish here. If you're thinking of self catering there are fish and food markets in Quarteira. Incidentally,it is only a short walk to Quarteira There are mini trains to take you on a quick tour and the Quarteira one drops off and picks up outside side of hotel. The rooms were cleaned but sometimes not until 3pm which is a bit inconvenient having to rush showering after a swim in case they were on their way.Air conditioning worked fine and the balcony has a sliding mesh door which we used at night and we were kept cool with no nasties flying in. Quality of sleep great as corridors are carpeted and there seems to be some sound proofing. The last two days it was valeted before lunch. All in all a lovely hotel but nothing to set it apart as a 5*. Its a 4* plus. Reception staff very courteous and friendly. Restaurant staff,some great,others need some training in customer service. Special mention to the perfect gentleman who greeted us coming off the minibus from airport and spirited our luggage to our room. He to my mind is the perfect example of someone with people skills. Don't know his name but he was the older gent. Think I've said enough,just to say it's a good place to stay though a little bit too much on the edge of Vilamoura. Quarteira a good deal livelier.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room as the views are lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank marinaYork
MP_CP_Vilamoura, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Marina York,
Thank you so much for sharing you experience at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura.
It is indeed very rewarding to receive our guest’s recognition.
Hope to have you back soon.