We stayed here week beg June 30th, the hotel was lovely and clean with spacious modern rooms and it smelled lovely. There are only little things to complain about, the sunbed situation is pretty bad, the bean bags are old and sun bleached and often covered in bird poo, we did not get a sunbed by the pool at all, which was a pain as we have a 6 year old who is in and out of the pool all day so we ended up just sitting on the ground to keep an eye on him. My main complaint is the pool water was filthy, bits of floating tissue etc in it, and both myself and my son got splinters in our feet from the wooden boards around the pool which look like they have not been maintained at all.
We stayed in a junior suite which overlooks the sea the room was beautiful, but no tea or coffee facilities in the room and the hotel charge 5 euros for a coffee, daylight robbery! The breakfast was OK I've had better, we had breakfast outside which was lovely but wish they would leave the coffee pots on the table rather than having to chase the waiters for top ups, the waiters were all lovely though. Also in other 5* hotels they have individual jars of jam and individually wrapped butter here it was one big pot of jam so you don't know how long its been there for.
We had a lovely holiday here, the kids club was fab, the staff were all very friendly and would go out of their way to help you with anything. The people in Portugal were all really friendly and we loved the marina and all the restaurants, so much choice. Whilst this hotel is lovely it is not a 5* hotel by British Standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Totally renovated, the Hotel offers 327 spacious rooms and suites, all with private balcony, individual air conditioning, wireless high speed internet, TV, Nespresso coffee machine and in room safe. Other facilities include a dedicated Golf Reception desk, an outdoor Putting Green and a Multi-sports area. The Almond Tree Wellness Spa includes treatment rooms, Hamman and dry Sauna, a modern Fitness Center, indoor heated pool and extra large whirlpool. Also available is an outdoor pool with apx. 1000 m2 and a large sundeck, with full view over the Vilamoura beach. Local and International gastronomy is available in the Restaurant Cataplana with daily buffet, a la carte options as well as dinner Al Fresco in the Patio. The Caravela Bar & Lounge by the pool area is the perfect choice for enjoying a drink or having a light snack. For Meetings & Congresses the Hotel offers 1488 m2 of meeting space, all on same Floor, equipped with modern technology and benefiting of natural sunlight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Onthebeach, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Hotel Vilamoura
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Portugal