We stayed at the crown Plaza 24th-31st August. My party consisted of 2 adults and one child.
We arrived aboput 8.15pm on a sunday evening. Check in was quick and the staff spoke good english, we were allocated our room on the 7th floor. Our bags were bought up by the staff and we went straight down to get some dinner.
The buffet was well set out and had a lot of variety for everyone. There were fish dishes, meat, pasta and lots fresh fruit and salad.Suffering with some food allergies I found there was something I could eat everytime. One recomendation is that they clearly label the food with a bit more detail as although there were signs telling you what the dish was, there was no allergy advice and when it came to desserts this was a issue. There was one night where most desserts contained nuts so I had to ask for some ice cream. Breakfast was equally good with a wide choice of cold meats, cheeses, cereals as well as the usual cooked bits like bacon, eggs omlettes etc.
The hotel itself was clean and tidy and the staff were mostly pleasant, polite and helpfull. Drinks are reasonable priced for this style hotel. We preferred to eat out a couple of nights during our stay and made the 10-15 minute walk to the marina. Food is beautiful and resturants plentiful.As its directly on the marina this can be expensive!!
On the nights we ventured out we swapped our half board evening meal for lunch which is a set menu. Although they are happy for you to do this, they will only allow you to do it twice in a 7 day stay period and they dont tell you that you have this option unless you ask.
The beach is a 2 minute walk from the back gate where you can have sunbeds at a cost of about 10 euros each or you can purchase a brolly from the shop and sit on your towels. The sea was very cold with lots of waves so was good fun but did have some seaweed which apparantly is not common but put me off abit.
Now the issue that bugs most visitors...sunbeds!!!
Yes theres is an issue but to be fair it can be easily sorted if the hotel dealt with it.
Being a early riser I was up early so went down between 7.45-8.00 most mornings and although there were towels on some beds there were still some free and considering its august I think its not too bad. The problem lies with a certian group of people, the portuguese. They place their towels on sunbeds at 7.30am and then go to breakfast...then the beach...come back at 1pm, sit around the pool for half hour and then go for lunch not returning untill gone 4!! They actaully had the nerve to complain to the pool staff when they arrived back from the beach and saw that someone had taken one of the beds that hadnt been used. Totally unjusdtified to complain. We actually congratulated the person who moved it as did about 20 other people!
We approached the pool attendants about this issue but they are reluctant to deal with it as they have suffered verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse. This is not acceptable in a 5 star hotel complex, but because they dont get any mangement support they dont action the 2 hour rule.A member of my party actually spoke to the reception staff on check out about this issue and she commented that its all they they hear so makes you wonder why nothing gets done. Its bascially selfish and rude and should be stopped as soon as possible. Management need to step up with this and support the pool staff.
Other than this issue we didnt have anything to complain about regarding this hotel and our stay and I would safely say i would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Totally renovated, the Hotel offers 327 spacious rooms and suites, all with private balcony, individual air conditioning, wireless high speed internet, TV, Nespresso coffee machine and in room safe. Other facilities include a dedicated Golf Reception desk, an outdoor Putting Green and a Multi-sports area. The Almond Tree Wellness Spa includes treatment rooms, Hamman and dry Sauna, a modern Fitness Center, indoor heated pool and extra large whirlpool. Also available is an outdoor pool with apx. 1000 m2 and a large sundeck, with full view over the Vilamoura beach. Local and International gastronomy is available in the Restaurant Cataplana with daily buffet, a la carte options as well as dinner Al Fresco in the Patio. The Caravela Bar & Lounge by the pool area is the perfect choice for enjoying a drink or having a light snack. For Meetings & Congresses the Hotel offers 1488 m2 of meeting space, all on same Floor, equipped with modern technology and benefiting of natural sunlight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Hotel Vilamoura
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve Portugal