We have been coming to Vilamoura for the last ten years, each time staying at The Dom Pedro Portabelo. There have been a few problems throughout thoughs years. Last year (October 2011) we stayed at the Portabelo and were disappointed, due to the fact that we were given a smaller studio apartment. Also for the very first time we had to pay for breakfast.
Our recent stay (October 2012) didn't start to well. We were given a studio apartment on the first floor facing the car park.
Was we unhappy, 'YES'. I went down to reception to ask if we could have a sea view. 'One of the main reasons for staying at the Portabelo is that wonderful sea view'.
I spoke to Emiliano Spntos who as worked at the Portabelo for many years and who was working the front desk. Emiliano couldn't have been more helpful. He said he would try to find us a sea view studio the following morning. Emiliano kept to his word and we got our sea view studio. 'How holiday had just started'. 'Thank you once more Emiliano'.
Dom Pedro Portobelo as faults like many hotels. The rooms are now a little dated and need modernizing, the bathrooms are clean,but very dark. Rosa, you also need new LCD television with British television, but most important......... long mirrors are required for each room. We've stayed in a number of hotels in the Algarve, but when we go to Dom Pedro Portobelo, it feels like HOME. We look forward to seeing you in 2013.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dom Pedro Portobelo Apartment hotel & golf The hotel’s excellent location at the center of Vilamoura, facing the Casino and a short distance from the Marina, makes it easy to discover Vilamoura’s main attractions: shops, nightclubs and restaurants and bars with lovely terraces. Dom Pedro Portobelo hotel provides studios with kitchenette and spacious apartments with private balconies, most of them with a sea view. With an outdoor pool for adults and a separate wading pool for children, the hotel features a bar and a restaurant that serves Portuguese gastronomy. For golf enthusiasts, there is a Golf Desk to help you to book green fees, with special rates and conditions for our guests, as well as a courtesy shuttle bus to the 5 Dom Pedro Golf Collection golf courses in Vilamoura. On Vilamoura’s beach, only 5 minutes walk from the hotel, there is an exclusive area reserved with thatched umbrellas and loungers, as well as a beach restaurant and bar: The Búzios Beach Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotelopia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dom Pedro Portobelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pedro Portobelo Hotel Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Portobelo Quarteira
- Dom Pedro Portobelo Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve