We have stayed at this hotel more than a dozen times since the 1990s, and always been pleased. This time was no exception. Its location is excellent, right in front of the Casino, 5 minutes walk from the beach and the marina, with views of the sea.
Our one bedroom apartment had a large sitting room with dining area and kitchenette, as well as the bedroom and bathroom. The sitting area has two single sofa beds (just remove the cushions to sleep), with simple wooden furniture and white covers. The kitchenette is small, but has most of the basics ( two ring electric cooker, kettle, toaster, microwave, iron, plus utensils/ plates for four people). It's an apart hotel, so you need to bring your own washing up liquid, sponge, and pegs for the small clothes line on the spacious balcony (or they can be bought at the small supermarket close by). They do provide soap, towels and toilet rolls. There isn't a hair dryer, but they will supply one if asked. The reception staff are friendly and efficient, 24 hours a day.
There are two pools, one for babies and a larger one (about 1.35m deep), which have both been renovated recently, and plenty of sun loungers and sunshades. There is a restaurant/ bar by the pool that serves excellent food at reasonable prices.
This is a great, simple place to stay by the sea, and we will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dom Pedro Portobelo Apartment hotel & golf The hotel’s excellent location at the center of Vilamoura, facing the Casino and a short distance from the Marina, makes it easy to discover Vilamoura’s main attractions: shops, nightclubs and restaurants and bars with lovely terraces. Dom Pedro Portobelo hotel provides studios with kitchenette and spacious apartments with private balconies, most of them with a sea view. With an outdoor pool for adults and a separate wading pool for children, the hotel features a bar and a restaurant that serves Portuguese gastronomy. For golf enthusiasts, there is a Golf Desk to help you to book green fees, with special rates and conditions for our guests, as well as a courtesy shuttle bus to the 5 Dom Pedro Golf Collection golf courses in Vilamoura. On Vilamoura’s beach, only 5 minutes walk from the hotel, there is an exclusive area reserved with thatched umbrellas and loungers, as well as a beach restaurant and bar: The Búzios Beach Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Lastminute, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Dom Pedro Portobelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pedro Portobelo Hotel Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Portobelo Quarteira
- Dom Pedro Portobelo Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve