This is a great hotel, well worth the money and spot on for 4 star. I will keep this review factual with info I would find helpful in choosing Dom Pedro and Vilamoura itself.
Dom Pedro Location:
25 mins in taxi from airport
1 min walk to Marina
1 min walk to beach.
Location next to marina
Staff - excellent service and polite
Room cleaned daily - Very efficient air con
Bathroom - refreshingly clean and modern
Breakfast - good variety, could always find a table, never ran out of anything
For later departures they have luggage room and shower room for use
Free wifi in lobby (not in rooms)
No iron available - take your own
Pool was clean and inviting but quite small for amount of guest
Not enough sun beds for amount of guests
Sun beds were 'taken' with towels by 7.30am
Bed had hard mattress
Fantastic - huge, loads to see and packed with restaurants, only a few bars.
If you want to listen to live music and late drinks I recommend 19th Hole bar, in-house live band 'Swithas' does not get better than these guys. Great night out. Drinks are £4.50 for spirit and mixer.
Endless restaurants at the marina, good steaks and seafood especially. This is not a cheap night out, average main meal £15-25 and wine £17 bottle. Great setting and worth it.
Beach is just 1 min walk, beautiful long sandy beach as with all beaches in the Algarve. Very clean, sun beds available but be aware they are very expensive to hire. Cafe/Bar is pricey but is there if you require it. Very clean and modern with a nautical feel.
Dom Pedro Marina is part of Dom Pedro chain, where you can use the other hotels facilities, there are 3 hotels within 2 mins walk of each other. Because the DP Marina had small pool and not enough beds, we walked to DP Golf resort each day after breakfast, it is 4/5 star and fabulous! Fantastic large pool + childrens pool, loads of sun beds available, lovely breeze from beach, beautiful garden setting. Be aware drinks are expensive at £2.50 for coke and around £3 for small coffee. But this is the same at all hotels here.
I will definitely return to Vilamoura and would certainly try to get in to the Dom Pedro again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Atlantic Ocean, Dom Pedro Marina is only a short stroll away from the cosmopolitan Vilamoura Marina, affording a variety of bars, nightlife, restaurants and shops. An informal and familiar ambiance is provided at the hotel, with private gardens overlooking the swimming pools. Guests can also enjoy the hotel jacuzzi. A beach bar and sunlounger area are exclusively dedicated to Dom Pedro guests, available seasonally on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Lastminute, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Dom Pedro Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pedro Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Marina Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve
- Hotel Dom Pedro Marina