We have recently returned from Portugal staying at the Dom Pedro marina hotel at vilamoura marina, I had read reviews on trip advisor and all sounded good so we booked 7 days to relax in the sun
We normally do villas or self catering but thought it would be a nice change to have a nice breakfast made for us in the morning.
I like to be fair so I will mention the positive points first, the hotel is situated a couple of minutes walk from all the bars and restaurants of the marina, a lovely place to sit and have a snack and watch the boats coming and going. The hotel itself was clean and tidy and most of the staff was very friendly, we paid extra to get a marina/sea view room.
Unfortunately the negatives outweigh the positive.
We found the rooms small but adequate, a small mini bar was in the room so we were able to cool water, No tea making facilities are offered or indeed allowed in the room, and there were on 2 plug sockets, both of which were being used by the TV and a lamp...
We were constantly kept awake by the music from the bars which went on till 3-4am every morning and the drunken shouting of club goes as they emptied out at about 6.30 am
Don’t even try to get a sun bed after 9.00 am, as they are all reserved with the customary towel. Even though on the first day we were presented by the management with a letter stating that towels do not denote ownership of the bed and that they have employed a pool man to remove any such offending items, I watched and filmed on many occasions the same man lay out towels for people and then happily watch them disappear for the day, Poor show don pedro!
Breakfast, when you did not have to queue, was reasonable, with a selection of hot and cold buffet style food, with coffee and fruit juices, finding a seat was however another matter!.
A word of advice, the hotel is surrounded by large trees and bushes, so you need to be in a room above the 3rd floor to get any view of the marina or sea.
Be prepared to spend your money at the restaurants in the area with a cover charge of 2-3 euro per person, and average beer prices at 4 euro.
I feel like I need a holliday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Atlantic Ocean, Dom Pedro Marina is only a short stroll away from the cosmopolitan Vilamoura Marina, affording a variety of bars, nightlife, restaurants and shops. An informal and familiar ambiance is provided at the hotel, with private gardens overlooking the swimming pools. Guests can also enjoy the hotel jacuzzi. A beach bar and sunlounger area are exclusively dedicated to Dom Pedro guests, available seasonally on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays and Odigeo so you can book your Dom Pedro Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pedro Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Marina Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve
- Hotel Dom Pedro Marina