Just got back from our weeks golf break at Vilamoura. We chose Dom pedro marina because it was cheap to stay there. Now i know why.
1. Our room stunk (not of man farts). I think the drains were backing up and we had a smell of sewage in there most of the time. Being men we didn't bother changing rooms just put up with it.
2. The safe didn't work at all. All they could do was offer us was our money back. We had to use a mates safe.
3.The beer was so dear 4 euro a pint.
4. Buffet breakfast was ok as long as all you wanted was coffee. The hot food wasn't up to much. If you want nice brekkie go opposite to the cafe next to the super market can't remember the name.
Now I don't usually moan so i'll tell you some of the pluses. None to do with the hotel i'm afraid.
We didn't play any bad courses whilst there but Vilamoura old course was truly great as was Vale de Lobo's Ocean course. Give the royal a miss because of the local works, like playing golf across a building site. Pick of the bunch for me was Vila sol. Excellent.
If you are out drinking go to Galaxia between 7 and 9 for two for one drinks, lizzy the barmaid has a lovely set to examine whilst you drink. Out of hotel entrance turn right 200 metres on right. After that go to the second square behind marina and visit The sports bar for a cheap [-] up. Philippe makes great cocktails. Stay clear of the Absinthe tho.Trashed me. If you want to watch the footie get in The 19th hole on the marina. Great atmosphere, good beer and tv's everywhere.
All in all venue was great for golfers but wouldn't take my family there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Atlantic Ocean, Dom Pedro Marina is only a short stroll away from the cosmopolitan Vilamoura Marina, affording a variety of bars, nightlife, restaurants and shops. An informal and familiar ambiance is provided at the hotel, with private gardens overlooking the swimming pools. Guests can also enjoy the hotel jacuzzi. A beach bar and sunlounger area are exclusively dedicated to Dom Pedro guests, available seasonally on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dom Pedro Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pedro Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Marina Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve
- Hotel Dom Pedro Marina