Despite it not being a 4 star (in my eyes) I would still recommend you considering this hotel if you are staying in Vilamoura and the rates meet your needs. The hotel has reasonable facilities and is generally clean and tidy. The staff do a good job to make you welcome and as other reviewers have stated, the big plus point for the hotel is the location - as it is only a few hundred metres from both the beach and the marina.
We stayed B&B as we wanted to try the many and varied restaurants in the local area (see reviews on trip advisor - but the best we ate at was the nearest. Restaurante Vilamoura at the base of the Dom Pedro Portobelo. Newly opened and top quality fare at very reasonable prices).
Back to the hotel. Rooms are reasonable size but a little tired and we had to get the cleaners to return to ours to bring it up to spec - in fairness to the hotel they rushed completion to let us in early. They provided hangers after all our clothes ended up on the floor the first night after their (non-hook type) hangers all failed! They also changed the broken chair on our balcony quickly.
The rooms are a little tired and in ours the toilet seat and shower hose needed replacing (fed back to the management).
Our room was twin bedded and whilst one was fine the other was lumpy and the feet uneven so you rocked if you moved too much. A couple of coasters soon sorted.
Our room was a Sea View - I'd argue more a pool view although it was true that you could see the sea - over the tops of the tree's. Good morning sun on balcony.
Room has safe (fee and deposit required), mini-bar (bit pricey) and old style CRT TV (Good selection of channels inc. BBC World Service).
Breakfast was usual fare - good choice of cereals, fruit, pastries, etc. Hot food (rarely was) included scrambled egg, bacon, beans, etc. More than enough to set you up for the day. Very impressed with the staff on breakfast 'duty' - fantastic work ethic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Atlantic Ocean, Dom Pedro Marina is only a short stroll away from the cosmopolitan Vilamoura Marina, affording a variety of bars, nightlife, restaurants and shops. An informal and familiar ambiance is provided at the hotel, with private gardens overlooking the swimming pools. Guests can also enjoy the hotel jacuzzi. A beach bar and sunlounger area are exclusively dedicated to Dom Pedro guests, available seasonally on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Lastminute, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dom Pedro Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pedro Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Marina Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve
- Hotel Dom Pedro Marina