After reading the reviews of the Dom Pedro Marina before our trip I had an idea of what to expect. I agree with previous comments that it is not quite a 4 star and it seems that this is to be generally expected in this part of the world.
The Hotel had a mixture of guests mainly English or Irish holidaymakers and a large contingent of Golfers. There also appeared to be a few people on business staying at this time. We found the Hotel to be clean. The staff we met were efficient.
The room we stayed in had a view of the Marina and was pleasant enough. There is a TV in the room but few English speaking channels. I did notice that the Bath had a hole in it which had been repaired and some of the tiling needed attention which cast my mind back to reading the previous reviews of this Hotel which described the Hotel as "Tired". I feel there is some truth in that but it is not overly noticable. The Hotel had hard tiled floors throughout which can create problems with noise. This was only apparant on the last night of our stay when the person in the adjoining room seemed to be bouncing a Golf ball on the floor. I could also hear the person next door taking a Bath later which highlights a problem with noise insulation.
The buffet breakfast was good and there is plenty of choice. The service I found to be rather cold at times by the staff. The Hotel has a good pool area and the reception lounge area is comfortable. The Bar has waiter service and the prices reflect this.
Our trip to Vilamoura was to relax and catch the sun. It was a pleasant stay because we took advantage of the Hotels location which is only 2 minutes walk to the Marina beach and about 5 minutes to the Marina. This beach is superb and in early September was quiet. I wondered why people spent all day in the Hotel next to the pool when the beach was so close. The Hotels location to the beach I felt was the biggest plus point. The Hotel is only about 20 minutes walk from the town of Quarteira which adjoins Vilamoura. Although not as pristine and contrived as Vilamoura this is away from the "Golden Tourist" zone and the prices which accompany it.
Overall I would recommend this Hotel for a relaxing beach holiday due to the location. There are faults but they did not affect an enjoyable holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Atlantic Ocean, Dom Pedro Marina is only a short stroll away from the cosmopolitan Vilamoura Marina, affording a variety of bars, nightlife, restaurants and shops. An informal and familiar ambiance is provided at the hotel, with private gardens overlooking the swimming pools. Guests can also enjoy the hotel jacuzzi. A beach bar and sunlounger area are exclusively dedicated to Dom Pedro guests, available seasonally on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dom Pedro Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pedro Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Marina Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve
- Hotel Dom Pedro Marina