After reading some of the terrible reviews on this hotel i was getting quite worried at what i might be letting myself in for, but it could have been much worse. The location of this hotel is perfect right by the Marina & beach.
Granted the hotel isn't 4 star, however it met our needs & in our eyes we hadn't paid much to stay here for 2 weeks. When we had booked this i had originally wanted to stay at the Tivoli but it was twice the price.
The staff on reception were very helpful particuarly when i was ill & needed to see a Doctor at 6am. They called the house doctor who arrived 2 hours later. (the illness wasn't anything to do with the hotel)
Also the staff at the pool bar couldn't do enough for you.
The rooms could have done with an update, the balcony was tiny, some of the plug sockets were hanging off the wall with bear wires & in the UK would be considered a serious hazard but we didn't spend much time in the room so it wasn't too much of an issue.
The pool area was nice not very big but we could generally always get to swim in it & always get a bed around the pool & it was fairly quiet & relaxing mainly because the hotel didn't seem full of kids may be this was because the pool was small. I'd definately say not enough for teenagers to do here.
We only had breakfast in the hotel thank god as the hotel seriously lacked atmosphere in the evenings. As other members have stated breakfast was a bit bland but they always had a nice selection of fruit. There are quite a few bars around the Marina that do a full english & we went to those some days for a bit of variety & lets face sausage & bacon abroad is hardly ever the same as what were used to in England.
As we were therer for 2 weeks i'd say we ate at nearly all of the restaurants along the Marina & a few that were in the squares at the back, we didn't have a bad meal.
We spent many nights in the irish cabin as they had live music on every night from about 11pm till 3am although they generally sang the same stuff every night but if you like Oasis, Kings of Leon, Rolling stones etc you'll have a good night.
We also went on a lovely boat trip, it was all day & they take up to a lovely secluded beach where you have a bbq, best sardines i have ever tasted & plenty of other food & wine to go around.
Overall we had a lovely holiday if i had of paid 4 star prices i would have been a bit upset, If i went again i would probably try & stay in the Tivoli instead but i wouldn't cross this hotel completly off the list if your looking for a reasonably priced summer holiday in a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Atlantic Ocean, Dom Pedro Marina is only a short stroll away from the cosmopolitan Vilamoura Marina, affording a variety of bars, nightlife, restaurants and shops. An informal and familiar ambiance is provided at the hotel, with private gardens overlooking the swimming pools. Guests can also enjoy the hotel jacuzzi. A beach bar and sunlounger area are exclusively dedicated to Dom Pedro guests, available seasonally on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Lastminute, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Dom Pedro Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pedro Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Marina Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve
- Hotel Dom Pedro Marina