We booked the Dom Pedro Marina for the Easter weekend. On arrival, we were really impressed with the location, being just opposite the marina gates. We hired and car and found there to be a number of parking spaces (free of charge) in hotel car park, but during peak times, it was busy and you needed to park out on the main road. We arrived at 2pm and were told the hotel was full and ended up having to wait 1.30 hours to check in, which was disappointing. However, once our room was ready, we were really happy. It had marina views, a large bed (two singles pushed together as they don't do doubles in Portugal) and was clean and tidy. We were given a complimentary fruit basket and chocs too as Easter gifts.
We were B&B. The breakfast was very good. Choice of cold (continental buffet) and hot food. Freshly squeezed juice, fresh fruit and good selection of bread. Avoid going down between 9.30 and 10am as the queue is out of the door. Best time is 8am.
Lovely newly renovated pool area. Not many sun beds though.
Safe is €10 Euro deposit then 2 euros a day to use. This is not obvious when you first go to use it.
Terrible coat hangers! Take your own if packing suits or dresses as the ones provided are useless!
The location is ideal for the marina and beach. Amazing choice of bars and restaurants to choose from. Prices on par with SW England (3 euros glass of wine, 3.5 euros for beers, average decent meal 50 euros for a couple). Recommend the Zu Yi, (Chinese) and Mayflower (fish and meat) as well as Old Navy (although they charge 3.5 euros cover which is not clear when going in. Irish bar up from Old Navy does live gigs which are excellent.
We recomend hiring a car if you want to get out and about along the Algarve but plenty to do in Vilamoura if going for a short break. Casino really good (mainly slot machines with 3 gambling tables).
Definately recommend this hotel and planning on going back in the Autumn.
(It's 20 mins drive from airport too).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Atlantic Ocean, Dom Pedro Marina is only a short stroll away from the cosmopolitan Vilamoura Marina, affording a variety of bars, nightlife, restaurants and shops. An informal and familiar ambiance is provided at the hotel, with private gardens overlooking the swimming pools. Guests can also enjoy the hotel jacuzzi. A beach bar and sunlounger area are exclusively dedicated to Dom Pedro guests, available seasonally on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dom Pedro Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pedro Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Marina Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve
- Hotel Dom Pedro Marina