Just returned from Villamoura and stayed at the Tivoli Marina for the last 4 days. We arrived at 2.00pm to be informed our room was not ready and that we would be told when ready ( this did not happen and had to ask again). Were given a room on the 4th floor overlooking the pool and sea which I must say was very nice, but when we looked around the room it appeared tired and in need of renovation (were informed at checkout that this room had in fact been renovated so would hate to see the rooms still in need of renovation). In the bathroom parts kept falling off the shower which was not a stand alone shower but over the bath. The complementary robes were a joke unless you are a size 4+.
We decided to have a well earned glass of wine in the room but found that the glasses were dirty and when I phoned housekeeping and got through to reception nothing was done about it. Luckily the lady with the minibar trolley was on our floor and did exchange the dirty glasses. ( not 5* service ).
The room did not have an iron, ironing board, sewing kit, kettle, teapot, trouser press, complementary water or fruit which are things I would expect of a hotel of this kind.( and when I mentioned the water etc on departure I was informed they are now part of a group of hotels and need to join in order to get water etc. It would have been nice if we had been told of this on arrival and not on departure.
Breakfast was nice but nothing extra special and nothing better than we had had in our previous less expensive hotel in another resort.
We decided to visit the hotels private beach one day and so were flabergasted when we were asked for 30 euros for the beds and parasol. ( what do they not understand about private) and when I questioned this they said the free beds were by the pool ( no good if you wish to sunbathe on the beach and very misleading as every brochure in the hotel room makes reference to a private beach).
Drinks were very expensive, and although the pool bar/ restaurant had many covered seats many were ripped. Also although the pool was large there were areas of black on the tiles as if they needed a good clean.
The lady who came to turn down the beds did so at a stupid time like 5.00pm and the attention to detail was none existant.
The mini bar fill up service came one morning before we were dressed for breakfast and we asked for them to wait 5 mins whilst we got ready but no service was given to our mini bar that day ie dirty glasses left etc.
The ice machine on the 4th floor was broken and was not mended whilst we were there.
On check out the receptionist was dismayed when he asked me about our stay and I said OK.He knew about the bathrobe problem but nothing had been done about it, the free water was now only given if you filled in a brochure and became a member of these hotels but you can only do this if you are told of the procedure.
First impressions of this hotel are fantastic and the location is second to none but I would not stay there again given the cost involved you could easily hire a private villa with fantastic amenities for the same price or less.
This hotel in our opinion is living on its location and needs to pay more attention to detail within the hotel itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the famous Marina on one side and its own concessioned beach, Tivoli Marina Vilamoura is a reference for luxury tourism in the Algarve. A stage for large events, important meetings and the launch of new products, the congress centre of this 5-star Vilamoura hotel has a capacity for 3200 people simultaneously. The lively social and nightlife of Vilamoura attracts many local celebrities from different areas who come to enjoy the holidays and weekends of complete relaxation, where there is plenty to do such as shopping, a visit to the casino and golf. In the gardens of this resort in the Algarve, guests can pamper themselves at the Angsana Spa choosing from a vast range of invigorating treatments in the best oriental tradition and enjoy delicious delicacies in the hotel's restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TravelUp, Jet2Holidays , Southall Travel, Lastminute, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Tivoli Marina Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Hotel Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Tivoli Marina Hotel
- Tivoli Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marinotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve