Stayed here for 4 nights end of September and I can honestly say that there was nothing to fault it. The hotel is in a superb position - all rooms on one side face the marina, on the other the sea (which we were lucky enough to have - although don't think I would want to be that side from mid July til end of Aug as they have an open air night club in the grounds).
The staff were very friendly and pleasant, we had a turn down service every night (complete with chocolate). Breakfast was very relaxed, tea and coffee served at the table - huge selection of food to suit all palettes.
I think that the hotel is gradually being refurbished - we were on the 7th floor and certainly the corridors have yet to be done. (The lift stopped on the 4th floor and I had a look, the corridor on that floor has been decorated to match the decor in the reception/communal areas) The room we were in, I think, was yet to be redecorated but having said that it was very clean and well furnished. I have seen some other travellers photos of plastic furniture on the balcony but this is not the case.
There were plenty on sun beds and the pool was very clean and the water warm (ish) - the pool is quite deep in some places (2.4m) but if you don't like being out of your depth you'll be ok it's fairly shallow on one side. You are literally a stones throw from a glorious clean, sandy beach and the hotel has a private section solely for guests.
I appreciate that everyone has different ideas as to what constitutes a good hotel - but I think this hotel is a good all round choice. As with most hotels - the five stars probably wouldn't match up to the Ritz or the Waldorf but it would give a high end four star a run for it's money.
Would I go back? You bet - tomorrow if I could!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the famous Marina on one side and its own concessioned beach, Tivoli Marina Vilamoura is a reference for luxury tourism in the Algarve. A stage for large events, important meetings and the launch of new products, the congress centre of this 5-star Vilamoura hotel has a capacity for 3200 people simultaneously. The lively social and nightlife of Vilamoura attracts many local celebrities from different areas who come to enjoy the holidays and weekends of complete relaxation, where there is plenty to do such as shopping, a visit to the casino and golf. In the gardens of this resort in the Algarve, guests can pamper themselves at the Angsana Spa choosing from a vast range of invigorating treatments in the best oriental tradition and enjoy delicious delicacies in the hotel's restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Southall Travel and Odigeo so you can book your Tivoli Marina Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Hotel Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Tivoli Marina Hotel
- Tivoli Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marinotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve