“Excellent! My favourite hotel!”

Tivoli Marina Vilamoura
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The Tivoli was absoutely beautiful. Very modern with a laid back vibe.

Bedrooms were gorgeous. Luxurious bedclothes, spacious room with an amazing view over the Marine, perfect for people watching! Bathroom was outstanding. Really well equipped with great little touches!

The pool was spot on. Busy but with enough loungers to have space, great atmosphere. The restaurant and bar were quite quiet, probably due to the amount around the marina. The rooftop terrace was great to sit on early evening and have a quiet drink with a great view. The beach was nicley done however it was a little overpriced to hire a sunlounger. A day bed you might need to get a second mortgage for!

We were lucky to have a modern room as our floor had been converted, however it is my understanding that some of the rooms still have quite old fashioned decor so I would specify a modern room when booking.

Would definitely return to the hotel again and again.

Room Tip: Both sides of the hotel are great, sea view or marina view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AbandRhys
Write a ReviewReviews (5,419)

Reviewed 7 November 2011

Great location, right on marina. Have stayed here 3 times now and always good value for a 5* hotel. Unlike others in the area when booking you don't need to pay extra for sea veiw as they usually give you one anyway (we go in March so off peak).

Buffet breakfast is amazing, even has an omlette chef! We also stayed over new year this year and found the music in the Tikki Hut (disco) a bit noisy but it was only one night. One of our party had marina view and they did not hear anything. I have heard that in peak summer the disc is on a lot so a marina view might be a good idea!

Also sign up for frequent guest pass, after about 10 nights you will always get upgraded room and even if you only stay once you get free English paper and internet access which is worth a 2 minute form to fill.

Room Tip: See my comments re disc in hight of season!
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caroline M
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I went here for the first time this year with my 2 year old & my parents.

It was my son's first holiday so I was concerned that going to a highly rated hotel the staff may be a little less accommodating of a child. I was wrong! The staff are so friendly & will get you anything you need, and help in anyway. They ALL made the effort to speak to my son & they ALL made a real fuss of him.

The room we had was large, and had 2 large beds, plenty of 'getting ready' area, a large bathroom, & a beautiful balcony. It was always spotlessly clean, and our beds always made beautifully.

The pool was really clean, the day time staff friendly & relaxed.

We usually ate breakfast & lunch at the hotel, which were both excellent, and there was a good choice of different foods.

At night we headed into the Marina which was lovely, & again very child friendly.

There was a good mix of people at the hotel, and plenty to do including an indoor children's area for if the weather was maybe not so good. We were lucky & had beautiful weather.

The beach is lovely with lifeguards and a small beach cafe & sun beds (charged separately).

The reception staff were more than happy to book excursions for you & recommend the best.

The views from both sides of the hotel are beautiful. The small children's park & paddling pool were both clean & a great size.

All in all we loved it! My parents go twice a year, and I am booking to go again with my family, and again on my hen party!

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room facing the pool which I think is quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Naomi M
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We decided on a 4 day trip to Vilamoura and chose the Tivoli hotel on the Marina. In the event we were not disappointed with our choice. The hotel like, many of the other properties in Vilamoura is somewhat dated on the exterior. However, through refurbishment of the public areas and most of the guests floors, the hotel has a crisp up to minute feel about it. Our room was on the 8th floor with a lovely view of the Marina, it had everything we required in terms of facilities and decor. The bed and pillows were so comfortable that we even mananged to sleep in and miss the sumptous breakfast! The pool area and the grounds were very pleasant and access to the beautiful beach was excellent.
The only small matter was after ordering a pizza to share for lunch we waited 40 minutes for it to be served (another couple arrived after us and had actually finished their lunch and ours still hadn't arrived) To be perfectly honest, it looked as though a member of staff had bolted to Spar and bought a frozen pizza for a £1! I expected better quality as the price was extremely high - just under 14 euros. I raised the matter later when passing reception but got no follow up from anyone.
However, we did enjoy our stay and would return again!

Room Tip: Higher floor gives you a lovely view of the Marina, but no sun on balcony. Seaview rooms appear to h...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tenerife_11
Reviewed 31 October 2011

A nice place to stay in october. very quiet, good weather. the food was great. the worst: the classic rooms are only 3 stars.

Room Tip: the higher floors, and the most expensive (deluxe).
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I was on holidays with my wife at Tivoli for second time. We stayed in Room 119 which was due to be for disabled guests. In now way was this room suitable for disabled guests. It had a standard bath with a few grab rails and thats what they call an adapted room. I challenged this at the reception and stated that there should be a level access shower so that wheelchair users could shower. The reception staff told me they only had one room with this facility in the hotel. Surely this is in breach of European legislation relating to the facilities that should be provided for Disabled guests.The hotel said they would email me , that was 5 weeks ago . still waiting.
When we arrived my wife noticed cigarette ends and toe nail clippings on the balcony. The same muck was still there on the day we left even though the room was due to be cleaned daily. The housekeeping was 1 star.
I must say the dining room staff and the pool area staff were friendly, helpful and would go out of their to make our holiday all worth while. Thankyou to all involved. The housekeeper should be sacked. Unless I was assured of 5 star standards I would use a different hotel

Room Tip: Not room 119. Ask for one of the upgrade rooms
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Walter P
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Just come back from a week at the Tivoli Marina with the family and had a brilliant time. The hotel is fantastic, although a refurbished room is a must. The staff were all very friendly, attentive and helpful and the facilities were good.

Vilamoura is great for a week, but you would need to visit other places if you were staying longer.

Room Tip: Go for a refurb (deluxe) room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilamoura
Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
#1 of 14 in Almancil
Vila Gale Marina
Vila Gale Marina
#14 of 36 in Vilamoura

Been to Tivoli Marina Vilamoura? Share your experiences!