Tivoli Marina Vilamoura
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
    Great 4.5/5
    5,509 results
    All reviewspeppers restaurantpool areastar hoteldeluxe roomsea viewperfect locationexcellent hotelbuilding workturn down servicebirthday cakebeach barbars and restaurantscoffee machinebreakfast was excellentplenty of sunbedsmini barpublic areas
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 15 July 2012

Have returned from our stay at the Tivoli - excellent location for both the town and the beach. Overall have little to complain about just to make a point about the pool. If you have children under 8 they will not be able to stand in the pool as it is too deep. We witnessed 2 incidents where kids got into trouble and were rescued by their parents. There are steps leading into the pool where they can stand but once they reach the last one thats it - sink or swim!!!! There is of course the baby pool area for toddlers and the indoor pool is free to guests including children and water temperature is warm!!
    This is our 4th trip to the algarve & 1st time in vilamoura but have already decided to return next year to the Tivoli Marina. Did not see a cloud for 10 days - worth every penny!

Room Tip: book deluxe - beach view is lovely but no sun in the evening - marina view always something happening so either is perfect
    • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
    3  Thank kerry16
    Reviewed 14 July 2012

Another fantastic holiday at the Tivoli. This was our fifth visit and on our arrival the staff welcomed us warmly - Felipe and Victor took our bags from the taxi and commented on how much my daughter had grown and gave her a high five, a lovely personal touch. Many staff have been with the hotel for a long time, this helps provide a more personal touch, it's comforting to see so many friendly faces each day from the front desk to the restaurant and pool area. The fact so many staff remember guests from one year to another helps make you feel welcome from the moment you arrive.

Yet again, our room was lovely. We had a seaview, refurbished room on floor 3 - only floor 1, 2 and 8(I think!) remain with the old decoration. My only slight negative would be the introduction of a charge for the Nespresso coffee machine, however, tea and hot water are still available free of charge. We have always stored food/drink in the mini bar and again this proved no problem. The beds were very comfortable; free toiletries, hairdryer, slippers and dressing gowns coupled with clean towels twice a day help make the stay more pleasant. Our personal favourite is the selection of chocolates provided each night when the beds are turned down.

The pool area is still excellent - free towels with the option to change these for fresh ones throughout the day if need be. The loungers are comfortable and there are plenty of them. The pool bar staff are on call throughout the day and there are good options on drinks and snacks. A small, free, melon/watermelon drink was provided each day around 4pm - this took me back to a few years ago when free fruit and cold towels were given out, a lovely touch that was good to see return.

Breakfast is always a highlight - from champagne to freshly prepared omelette, pancakes or a delicious selection of pastries, breads, fruit, cereal, cheese, meat, hot foods....on and on.

The side bar provides and lovely setting for an evening drink before heading out around the marina. Again we were delighted with the options for dinner and, again, were happily surprised by the number of restaurant staff that remember faces from one year to the next.

The Tivoli is really a home from home for us. Happy days!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
    3  Thank AAA2003
    Reviewed 14 July 2012

If you want a place with music pumping to 4am and wall mounted telephones acting as intercoms for front desk to get in contact with cleaning staff try this spot otherwise avoid at all costs!! Pity because it is a fine hotel with excellent food staff and stunning location, don't bother complaining to management as in one ear and out the other

3  Thank redknife
    Reviewed 13 July 2012

We have just returned from our 4th stay in this fab hotel, we have been to the Algarve 10 times and would not stay anywhere else, yes some floors have not been refirbed and we have stayed in one, but I always email about 3 weeks before we go and tell them what time we should arrive and that we would like to be on the 3rd or 4th floor and they have always had our room ready even at 9.30am and always on the floor i have requested and that's fantastic service. We always go half board as the buffet in Menta restaurant at night is amazing 4 or 5 courses and different every night and lovely and relaxing atmosphere yes you can eat around the marina but it's really busy and manic ok for lunchtime but I prefer better for the evening and the hotel offers this. The pool areas are lovely with many sunbeds at all times people don't need to reserve beds as plenty all day. Don't believe all you read about puro beach bar I heard it once till about 2am but it was only very faint not what some reviews are saying about blaring music at all hours and we were really close. I am the fussiest guest can't stand any filth and this hotel is as good as home the bathroom is spotless as are the beds and the whole room my only gripe is that the Algarve has become very expensive. The prices in the Tivoli don't need to be quite so high 5 euros for a can of coke round the pool is over the top beer also 5.50 a pint it's 2.00 euros just round the corner so they are clearly ripping off their guests. Join GHA and get free wifi and newspaper, and have a lovely holiday.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my parents and my uncles and I can say I'm pretty satisfied with what I found! It was our first time in algarve and I didn't have much of a reference about hotels and best places to stay in here. Considering we didn't dispose of a car, this hotel was perfect as my uncles are already a bit of age and they prefer practical stuff. The hotel is very well located, and it is very easy to get to anywhere you like nearby. The marina at night is lovely, and the hotel puts you right in front of it! The view at night is amazing! My room faced the beach and the one of my parents and uncles were to the marina, which is great to view at night! Service is one of the best I've had! The room is cleaned twice a day and they also open the bed for you. There are all the amenities we can expect from a 5 star hotel and besides, staff is very kind and gentle. Breakfast is also wonderful, all you can imagine you'll find there, even champagne! In front of the beach, this hotel will be perfect for anyone who's looking for some period of relaxation! Great! Absolutely recommend

1  Thank arpostiga