We booked our 5th stay direct with this hotel in Nov 2011. We love it here it is a fabulous location, The pool area is large & Puro Beach is our favourite with great service,comfortable beds & chill out relaxing music. The hotel is located 2 mins walk from the marina with its vast & varied restaurants.Everything on your doorstep! I admit that the hotel itself could do with upgrading & is looking a bit tired,but we usually stay in a 3rd floor de-luxe sea view room which fullfils all our needs, to die for beds & pillows plenty of toiletries & towels changed twice a day.
You might ask why i have rated this hotel as terrible because 1 main thing prevented us from a wonderful holiday!! 4 days before we were due to arrive we received an email on sat at 11pm informing us that for the last 3 nights of our holiday we would be relocated to the sister hotel the Tivoli Victoria!! There was no apology! After 8 phone calls by us over the course of 3 days a huge amount of stress & upset, the phone put down on my husband twice (He wasn't being rude)! We finally got through to a manager who allthough tried to resolve efficiently the situation could not take away that we had to move due to a medical conference taking over the whole Hotel!!
This move ruined my holiday we did not want to be 15mins drive away from the marina, we also did not want to spend half a day packing & unpacking,& we wanted to be near the beach!
it also happened to other people but they appeared to have been informed up to 2 months before.although i think 1 couple were told at check in!
Be very aware of booking here because we had paid a non refundable 30% deposit 10months before,which as it stated guaranteed our booking for The Tivoli Marina!!! But apparently it didn't!!! Their website also showed availability up to 2 weeks before ,you can't tell me they didn't know!"! Money talks & the loyalty of returning customers is no longer there.
So if you,ve been saving all year for your much needed break think again & don't trust them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the famous Marina on one side and its own concessioned beach, Tivoli Marina Vilamoura is a reference for luxury tourism in the Algarve. A stage for large events, important meetings and the launch of new products, the congress centre of this 5-star Vilamoura hotel has a capacity for 3200 people simultaneously. The lively social and nightlife of Vilamoura attracts many local celebrities from different areas who come to enjoy the holidays and weekends of complete relaxation, where there is plenty to do such as shopping, a visit to the casino and golf. In the gardens of this resort in the Algarve, guests can pamper themselves at the Angsana Spa choosing from a vast range of invigorating treatments in the best oriental tradition and enjoy delicious delicacies in the hotel's restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tivoli Marina Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Hotel Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Tivoli Marina Hotel
- Tivoli Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marinotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve