We were staying in Alvor for the first week of our holiday & were looking for a hotel for the second week,we hired a car and were disappointed to find the hotels we were hoping to book in other resorts were fully booked, so we opted for this hotel as there were vacancies; after reading other peoples reviews it seems we were lucky to actually end up staying here & to not be shipped off to one of their sister hotels!
We were originally put in room 111, however after a sleepless night, listening to the comings & goings through reception until the early hours of the morning we asked for a different room & were given room 715 without a problem; from what I've read since it seems that the rooms on these two floors haven't had a refurb yet; although I probably should have guessed that as it was quite shabby for a supposed 5* hotel.
One of the first problems we encountered was a lack of a decent facilities for clothing, the drawers in the room were small & falling to pieces; & any empty counter space was cluttered with goods that the hotel wanted you to buy!
We had a sea facing room which had a lovely view; thankfully the nightclub had closed for the season so we weren't disturbed by the noise from that; but be aware if you are staying earlier in the season!
This hotel does not provide any complimentary water & charges extortionate rates to sell it to you; not what I expect from a 5* hotel! There were two incidents with cockroaches in the bathroom, the guy on reception described the first one as a mutant, it was so big, eukk! Regardless of the cockroaches I was not concerned at any point about the cleanliness of the room or beds, towels & bedding was changed frequently.
There was never a shortage of sun-beds & no-one felt the need to claim their beds with a towel at sunrise, which made a nice change, however , on the last day of our stay a group of around 350 people (lots of children) turned up & the place was turned into a Butlins camp, the noise was incredible, I was really pleased to be going home the next day, I believe they were staying for four days. Areas of the grounds were blocked off & were not available for the other paying guests.......I would have been outraged if I had been staying, but it seems that this is a regular occurrence after reading other reviews.
All in all the hotel is in a great location but I would most definitely not return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the famous Marina on one side and its own concessioned beach, Tivoli Marina Vilamoura is a reference for luxury tourism in the Algarve. A stage for large events, important meetings and the launch of new products, the congress centre of this 5-star Vilamoura hotel has a capacity for 3200 people simultaneously. The lively social and nightlife of Vilamoura attracts many local celebrities from different areas who come to enjoy the holidays and weekends of complete relaxation, where there is plenty to do such as shopping, a visit to the casino and golf. In the gardens of this resort in the Algarve, guests can pamper themselves at the Angsana Spa choosing from a vast range of invigorating treatments in the best oriental tradition and enjoy delicious delicacies in the hotel's restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tivoli Marina Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Hotel Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Tivoli Marina Hotel
- Tivoli Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marinotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve