Tivoli Marina Vilamoura
US$162
US$152
HotelQuickly
5,557 results
All reviewspeppers restaurantpool areastar hoteldeluxe roomsea viewperfect locationexcellent hotelbuilding workturn down servicebirthday cakebeach barbars and restaurantscoffee machinebreakfast was excellentplenty of sunbedsmini barpublic areas
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed in a premium room (we were offered a complimentary upgrade because of a special occasion) - we looked around the standard room first and they are dated, but acceptable (although not 5*). Premium room overlooking the sea was lovely. The staff were attentive and helpful. The bars and restaurants are first class (although some comments re breakfast below). The indoor pool is nice and warm and the jacuzzi/steam room facilites are clean and luxurious. I'm sick at staying at hotels with cold indoor pools - so this was a real plus for us with a young child. Overall, an exceptional stay and I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

A few points I think the hotel could improve on:

- you can't make coffee in your own room without incurring a charge of two euros per cup, which we thought was unusual/disappointing;
- no free wi-fi - I really think this is something that should be included in 5* hotels these days - we're expected to keep on top of emails and the like during short breaks so this just makes it difficult;
- breakfast was good in terms of choice - just about everything you could have wanted for breakfast was available. The problem was the quality, which was lacking. It's difficult to explain but for example they had a wide range of pastries, cakes and breads but none of them were actually appealing because they were quite poor quality. The 'fresh fruit' was tinned fruit, with some honeydew melon. The hot breakfast offered hot dog sausages. The butter was frozen solid and ruined the toast. It was all there - but none of it was massively desirable. It was average and in some respects perfectly adequate - but was it a breakfast I was impressed by? No. On the last day I couldn't be bothered (and we were only there for four mornings). I explained the butter situation to a member of staff but it was still frozen solid again the next morning. They just need to stick with the same offering, but increase their spend to improve the selection. I don't want mini-stale croissants that have previously been frozen, tinned peaches, budget yogurt or hot dogs!

Room Tip: Premium sea view was faultless.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank katelouise_11
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights in September, stayed in room with ocean view which was very nice, hotel was clean, love the front bar also overlooking the marina, beds on beach were 10€ which I think should be included in the room tariff, location is very good for visiting marina bars.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank iancooper22
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Spent 3 nights here. Before booking I was rely reluctant because of the varying reviews here. I specifically asked for a room which had been refurnished - and got so. Very stylish and fantastic view directly to the ocean. The beach is nice; huge waves, deckchairs and with a small cafe run by the hotel.

The pool were clean and the restaurant at the hotel (had dinner there 2 times) was really ok. As well as a very service oriented frontdesk e.g. bringing your car ASAP when asking for it.

In my opinion a very nice hotel located absolutely at the perfect spot.

Anders

Room Tip: Ask for oceanview in a refurnished room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank andcand
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed there in October 2013 on a business trip. The hotel is quite nice, spacious rooms with great view either on the ocean or on the marina ( I had a room overlooking the marina and i strongly suggest picking up one with such view) The food was quite good and both breakfast and dinner offered a great variety, The staff was polite and helpful and always tried to start up a conversation -which is always a good thing for me. The only thing that I didnt like was that you had to pay for wifi ( I didnt as I was attending a conference so it was free for us, still I think that it should have been free for everybody- although paying for wifi is common practice almost in all hotels!) All in all, if you are planning to stay in Algavre, this hotel is certainly the best choice for you!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the marina are the best as the ones ovelooikng the sea have nice view as well BUT from what they told me you keep hearing the ocean waves all night long :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank yanna_ang
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Our family stayed at this hotel from 29/12/13 - 5/01/14. Couldn't fault the room or the serivice in the room. Very comfy beds and linen. Robes slippers and toiletries supplied and replaced as needed. Didn't use any of the supplies i.e coffee etc. Took my own having read about the cost. We had sea view room which was wonderful especially on the couple of days we had sun as the sunrise and sunset were amazing. The family had marina view so we had the best of both worlds.
The food was superb, something for everyone at breakfast with coffee and tea been constantly topped up. The food in the Pepper steak was some of the best I have ever had both in choice and the quality. Be warned a cup of tea costs 6 euro, apparently it is speciality tea???
The heated indoor pool is in need of updating and the temperature dropped as the week went on, but the family were glad of it as the weather rather let us down.
There are numerous eating places around the marina for lunch, something for everyone.
We found the large public areasin the hotel rather souless perhaps this was due to the fact there wasn't many people about.
I would recommend this hotel but not at this time of year. Both the hotel and resort were very quiet. One family who arrived same time as ourselves hired a car but driving round reported nothing was open. Trips advertised in the hotel don't run at this time of year. I think it is a hotel for golfers mainly at this time of year.

Room Tip: Seaview room for grounds and the sun, marina view for seeing the nightlife
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family