Stayed here for a short break at Easter. Short easy drive from Faro airport, once you get to Vilamoura it is easy to find - follow the marina signs and it comes into view. Don't be put off by that first appearance - yes it does look a bit like a block of flats, but it gets a lot better! From the outside the hotel doesn't look anything like as nice as it really is - once you get in the appearance improves beyond compare - a stark contrast.
Check in friendly and efficient. Join their free loyalty scheme and you get free Wi-Fi, newspaper (good choices including The Times) and water. Asked for a high floor and sea view and that's what we got. That view is spectacular, a huge beach, pool and hotel gardens. At the rear - visible from many vantage points even if you don't have a room on that side - all of Vilamoura and the Marina, which it sits on the side of.
The public areas are quite stunning - huge atrium with split levels across several floors. Good choice of restaurants and bars, plus not one but two beach clubs. I particularly liked the bar overlooking the marina, which has very cool seating both inside and out on a terrace perched right on the quayside, with a lift down to street level.
All the staff we encountered were very pleasant and helpful - the guys running the concierge and valet parking deserve a special mention, as do the breakfast staff who were very attentive. Breakfast is excellent - buffet style with loads of options, inside and outside seating, I really loved all the fresh baked pastries, breads and cakes - one complaint (predictably from an Englishman) - get some proper bacon please! Free breakfast bubbly helped ease the pain...
I really liked this hotel, as did my 81 year old Mum who accompanied us. The proximity to the Beach and the Marina meant she never had to walk far for a complete change of scene - loads of good bars and restaurants fall to hand all around but never intrude on the privacy and ambience of what is a very nice hotel.
For a short break it was ideal and the area immediately around it offers plenty of options so you don't really need a car. On the far side of the marina there is a ruin of a Roman Villa complex so you can even grab some culture. For a longer break the large comfortable rooms would be good, as would the variety of eating options and bars within the hotel, with the rest of the Algarve coast right on your doorstep.
Plus - any hotel that provides a thick towelling bathrobe that actually fits a big chap like me perfectly gets my vote for that alone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the famous Marina on one side and its own concessioned beach, Tivoli Marina Vilamoura is a reference for luxury tourism in the Algarve. A stage for large events, important meetings and the launch of new products, the congress centre of this 5-star Vilamoura hotel has a capacity for 3200 people simultaneously. The lively social and nightlife of Vilamoura attracts many local celebrities from different areas who come to enjoy the holidays and weekends of complete relaxation, where there is plenty to do such as shopping, a visit to the casino and golf. In the gardens of this resort in the Algarve, guests can pamper themselves at the Angsana Spa choosing from a vast range of invigorating treatments in the best oriental tradition and enjoy delicious delicacies in the hotel's restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Tivoli Marina Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Hotel Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Tivoli Marina Hotel
- Tivoli Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marinotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve