We returned today after a 7 day stay here, we were in a room on the 2 nd floor overlooking the marina. The room was clean but definatley needs upgrading, the carpet needed replacing, the hairdryer I haven't seen since the 1970's, for the week we stayed the room was not hoovered at all. The air conditioning unit was really noisy but as the marina is very loud at night it does at least disguise the noise.
I agree with other guests that to charge €2 for each nespresso capsule was over the top. The swimming pool was nice but way too small for the amount of guests, considering it's still out of school holiday times we were surprised that unless you had found a sunbed by 9.30 with the obligatory towel then you were unlucky. We used the beach hire further up the beach but for half a days hire of 2 sun beds and umbrella at €15 to €18 euros it's not cheap. Also beware as the 1/2 day rate only goes before 2 or after 2 so it doesn't matter if you pay at 12 you will only get 2 hours for your money. We actually went on a very dull day when all seats were empty and they still wouldn't let me pay at 12 to stay for 4 hours ???
Breakfast was well stocked but the quality wasn't good. Sit outside as the noise inside resembles a school canteen.
I would definitely recommend joining the loyalty scheme by picking up a leaflet at reception as it gives you free internet access and a daily newspaper.
There is a great choice of resturants around the marina and we enjoyed all of them.
We visited the spa at the hotel for a massage and facial and both were very good but quite expensive. We only did 1 trip which was to faro, only a half day trip which was quite enjoyable.
Wouldn't go back to this hotel but the marina was lovely
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the famous Marina on one side and its own concessioned beach, Tivoli Marina Vilamoura is a reference for luxury tourism in the Algarve. A stage for large events, important meetings and the launch of new products, the congress centre of this 5-star Vilamoura hotel has a capacity for 3200 people simultaneously. The lively social and nightlife of Vilamoura attracts many local celebrities from different areas who come to enjoy the holidays and weekends of complete relaxation, where there is plenty to do such as shopping, a visit to the casino and golf. In the gardens of this resort in the Algarve, guests can pamper themselves at the Angsana Spa choosing from a vast range of invigorating treatments in the best oriental tradition and enjoy delicious delicacies in the hotel's restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com and Southall Travel so you can book your Tivoli Marina Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Hotel Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Tivoli Marina Hotel
- Tivoli Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marinotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve