Four of us have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel. Having read the reviews before we went I emailed the hotel to ensure we had Marina view rooms due to the complaints about noise. On arrival we were allocated one sea view room and one marina view room. Having not had a reply from the hotel to my email I again stressed that we wanted quiet rooms. The receptionist went on to say that the sea view room was at the furthest point away from Purobeach where the noise apparently came from so we took her at her word and accepted the two rooms we were offered.
The photos on the hotel website are not of any room we saw! They are dirty, dated with dangerous electrics. Unfortunately, it only got worse. Purobeach is a nightclub, and you can hear it from everywhere in the hotel. This finishes at 2am but the nightclub 'seven' which is also in the grounds of the hotel but at the opposite end (where we had been allocated) goes on until 6.30am. Then you have the shouting noises from the revellers who are leaving the club. This noise goes on at both Marina and Sea view sides so you will not get any sleep. Around the pool all you can hear is people moaning about lack of sleep yet the reception staff are completely unsympathetic as it would appear that they have heard it all before! Three days into our holiday we complained to reception. They told us we could move rooms the following day to a Marina view. As the other members of our party were staying in a marina view room, we knew it would be no better so asked for compensation instead. We were told they would get back to us later that day when they offered us one night accommodation free. This equated to 12 euros per head per night so we declined as it was completely unacceptable. I informed the manager that I would deal with my complaint on my return home. So we spent the week feeling cheated and returned from our holiday more tired that when we had left. Adding to this is the problem that occurs if you wish to leave Vilamoura via taxi. The hotel uses a company who do not have enough drivers and the local taxis are few and far between. We waited 50 minutes for a taxi and eventually the manager got involved and found us a driver to take us to our destination, making us an hour late for our reservation. There is also no wifi in this hotel. They state that you can pay for Swisscom, but the signal is so bad you cannot get online. What 5 star hotel does not have free wifi???? The coffee machine didn't work in our room either and you have to pay 2 euros for a nespresso capsule! The turn down service normally took place before we had returned to our room from the pool at about 5.30pm! What a joke. A tray full of leaflets and two cheap chocolates! Whoever awarded this hotel 5 stars is deluded, it is 3 star at best. I have now placed a formal complaint to Tivoli Hotels and two groups who endorse this hotel (World Hotels Deluxe Collection and Great Hotels of the World).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the famous Marina on one side and its own concessioned beach, Tivoli Marina Vilamoura is a reference for luxury tourism in the Algarve. A stage for large events, important meetings and the launch of new products, the congress centre of this 5-star Vilamoura hotel has a capacity for 3200 people simultaneously. The lively social and nightlife of Vilamoura attracts many local celebrities from different areas who come to enjoy the holidays and weekends of complete relaxation, where there is plenty to do such as shopping, a visit to the casino and golf. In the gardens of this resort in the Algarve, guests can pamper themselves at the Angsana Spa choosing from a vast range of invigorating treatments in the best oriental tradition and enjoy delicious delicacies in the hotel's restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Tivoli Marina Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Hotel Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Tivoli Marina Hotel
- Tivoli Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marinotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve