After visiting vilamoura on a number of occasions we have always wanted to stay in this hotel, being in the prime location on the harbour.
We decided to save and booked to stay for 11 nights at the beginning of August.
Upon arrival we were told our room wasn't quite ready and to wait 10 minutes. TWO hours later we were finally given the keys to our classic room.
Well, what a conversation stopper that experience was!! My initial thought was what was that awful smell? It was just like a dirty vacuum cleaner, dusty smell. The carpet was disgusting, stains everywhere and dust all around the chipped skirting boards.
The decor was just , well, dated, faded and falling apart.
Not to bore you too much, we had friends who had checked in the day before who were also disappointed with their room on the 1st floor. The final straw was the huge cockroach in their bathroom.(surprised a cockroach would even venture into these rooms!!!)
We had put our two dogs into kennels back at home that were cleaner and more modern than this room!
After closer inspection under the bed etc, we couldn't stand to be in the room any longer and asked to be moved out of this hotel as our whole aspirations and dreams had been shattered.
A manager explained to us that we could move to the Tivoli Victoria, a 15 minute drive out of the centre, where we didn't really want to be, but we had no option to agree as we couldn't stay here.
On leaving the hotel, amazingly the staff all sympathised with our situation and I get the impression that this is quite common at this hotel now.
They transferred us to the sister hotel , which was absolutely fantastic. The room was beautiful and surroundings superb.
If the manager tries to defend these rooms in the marina hotel please don't believe anything they say, £2500 for 11 nights b&b, to be put in a disgusting stinking room is impossible to justify.
While staying at the Victoria hotel we spoke to at least 4 other guests with the same tales of woe about being moved from that hotel.
To sum up, an awful situation to be in when you have been looking forward to your holiday all year long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the famous Marina on one side and its own concessioned beach, Tivoli Marina Vilamoura is a reference for luxury tourism in the Algarve. A stage for large events, important meetings and the launch of new products, the congress centre of this 5-star Vilamoura hotel has a capacity for 3200 people simultaneously. The lively social and nightlife of Vilamoura attracts many local celebrities from different areas who come to enjoy the holidays and weekends of complete relaxation, where there is plenty to do such as shopping, a visit to the casino and golf. In the gardens of this resort in the Algarve, guests can pamper themselves at the Angsana Spa choosing from a vast range of invigorating treatments in the best oriental tradition and enjoy delicious delicacies in the hotel's restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tivoli Marina Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Hotel Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Tivoli Marina Hotel
- Tivoli Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marinotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve