Having been to the Algarve before we decided to book a quick week in August to escape the British summer. A bit of sun and relaxation was required. We had stayed at this hotel on two previous occasions before the refurbishment and decided that it would be good choice for a week in the sun. The sun did not disappoint but the hotel did!
Our room was facing the Marina, the quiet side of the hotel now Nikki Beach has arrived on the pool side. It was one of their newly refurbished rooms and although the decor was updated I am not that convinced it was much of improvement on the rooms we had stayed in before. The bathroom was light and bright with both a rain and hand held shower. A new flat screen TV on the wall, better fitted wardrobes and a safe provided the kind of things you would expect from a good hotel.
The main problems during our stay was being woken up every morning at 6am -7am by the locals leaving the newly opened faces club attached to the hotel and the general cleanliness of our room.
The carpet in the corridor was dirty and in need of a good clean, our cleaner appeared not to be able to count towels sometimes not leaving any! The bathroom floor had a hairclip in the corner when we arrived and it survived a full week waiting to be swept up. One day the bottle of shower gel was empty and it took a further day before it was refilled even though the cleaner had been in the room on two occasions in between. There was a layer of dust on the clock radio and the balcony went untouched the whole time we were there. One other issue was that the pillows had a strange smell –didn’t quite spot what the smell was for a few days but after they had changed the bedding which you have to ask them to do, it was obvious that the pillows smelled sweaty- but it was five star sweat!
We still had a great time, with good food at the Marina each night, catching up with sleep around the pool and generally relaxing in the day. Food at breakfast was very good and similar to other establishments boasting five stars.
The hotel is in Fantastic location, brought up to date by its refurbishment but let down by cleanliness, levels of noise and service.
It is now much less of an attractive option for those who want a relaxing week in the sun in a high quality five star environment. There are plenty better hotels in good locations on the Algarve so choose carefully if you want a clean and peaceful break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the famous Marina on one side and its own concessioned beach, Tivoli Marina Vilamoura is a reference for luxury tourism in the Algarve. A stage for large events, important meetings and the launch of new products, the congress centre of this 5-star Vilamoura hotel has a capacity for 3200 people simultaneously. The lively social and nightlife of Vilamoura attracts many local celebrities from different areas who come to enjoy the holidays and weekends of complete relaxation, where there is plenty to do such as shopping, a visit to the casino and golf. In the gardens of this resort in the Algarve, guests can pamper themselves at the Angsana Spa choosing from a vast range of invigorating treatments in the best oriental tradition and enjoy delicious delicacies in the hotel's restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tivoli Marina Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Hotel Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Tivoli Marina Hotel
- Tivoli Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marinotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve